What's new

VPN Only for specific local address.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tehfish

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

Im having a few issues that im trying to solve..

I have been hunting a solution where a certain pc on my network gets tunnelled through a VPN, i already have the VPN setup, but due to the cpu in the machine (rashpherry phi) i want to let my router handle the VPN traffic and the vpn client.

I have been hunting a Mikrotik router, since it will allow this setup for me, but i was wondering if it is possible with Asuswrt-Merlin?

Basically i want a setup where all computers (10 total) gets routed through my normal internet, and not over VPN, and the 11th machine, my pi needs to be routed over the VPN connection constantly..

Is that possible?

Im not that great at scripting, so if i need to do this, can someone help me?

Best regards

It can be done using Merlin's firmware and you should search the forum for posts showing scripts that can accomplish this.

As an alternative look at the Astrill VPN app which can be be loaded on routers using Merlin's firmware. With this App you have all sorts of options and flexibility including selecting which devices to connect using a VPN. No scripting is required. You will have to use Astrill as your VPN provider to utilize their app.