What's new

VPNDirector routing setup to server connections (WGS for example)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Fynjy9

New Around Here
Hi everybody.

While setting up AX86U-AX88U site-to-site connection using WigeGuard I have the following problem with the VPNDirector configuration on server side:
Some subset of IP on the wireguard server router (say 172.16.22.50-100) should send all their traffic through wg vpn to client side router (say 192.168.100.1) and after that to its wan (ISP link).
If the goal is opposite (from client router to server router) - no troubles, I just chose in GUI WGC<X>.
But there is no option to choose WGS[server]<X>

Now I've built two tunnels AX86U=>AX88U and reverse AX88U=>AX86U, but it seems like a bit messy solution.

Does anyone have any idea how to implement this?
Or probably better to ask to extend the VPNDirector popup list?

If the goal is opposite (from client router to server router) - no troubles, I just chose in GUI WGC<X>.
But there is no option to choose WGS[server]<X>
There are no policy routes for a server instance. Wireguard uses AllowedIPs for routes but these are only destination based. And you cannot put 0.0.0.0/0 (all destinations) on a server peer since some things are missing.
This is all very possibly by doing your own script but then you need to maintain this yourself.

I think your solution with a server and a client on each side is the only way to do this without scripting the rules manually.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!