What's new

vpnmgr vpnmgr - Manage and update VPN Client configurations for NordVPN and PIA

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Which VPN provider do you use?

• Total voters
1599244221800.png

1599244142900.png

Customc config (copied):
remote-random
resolv-retry infinite
remote-cert-tls server
ping 15
ping-restart 0
ping-timer-rem
persist-key
persist-tun
reneg-sec 0
fast-io
disable-occ
mute-replay-warnings
auth-nocache
sndbuf 524288
rcvbuf 524288
push "sndbuf 524288"
push "rcvbuf 524288"
pull-filter ignore "auth-token"
pull-filter ignore "ifconfig-ipv6"
pull-filter ignore "route-ipv6"
explicit-exit-notify 3

Attachments

• 1599244117300.png
    1599244117300.png
    273.9 KB · Views: 132
View attachment 25973
View attachment 25972
Customc config (copied):
remote-random
resolv-retry infinite
remote-cert-tls server
ping 15
ping-restart 0
ping-timer-rem
persist-key
persist-tun
reneg-sec 0
fast-io
disable-occ
mute-replay-warnings
auth-nocache
sndbuf 524288
rcvbuf 524288
push "sndbuf 524288"
push "rcvbuf 524288"
pull-filter ignore "auth-token"
pull-filter ignore "ifconfig-ipv6"
pull-filter ignore "route-ipv6"
explicit-exit-notify 3
great thanks. can you click Edit on the client cert bit and let me know which fields are filled in?

Excellent work here @Jack Yaz ... Got a donation link for your efforts? Coffee?

[edit] I found one ;)

What is the uninstall process if we previously had h0me5k1n's github install?

Do I just uninstall that one? No instructions on the github for removal...

Does the NVPNMGR overwrite that install?

What is the uninstall process if we previously had h0me5k1n's github install?

Do I just uninstall that one? No instructions on the github for removal...

Does the NVPNMGR overwrite that install?
I don't recall testing a migration - probably best to delete that version and remove any remnants in other script files before installing vpnmgr

I don't recall testing a migration - probably best to delete that version and remove any remnants in other script files before installing vpnmgr

Would formatting the drive be my best option? or is there a simpler way you can think of to do that?

Would formatting the drive be my best option? or is there a simpler way you can think of to do that?
You just need to remove any existing cru entries and any lines that add a cron (cru) entry for my script from /jffs/scripts/services-start. This will stop them being created upon a reboot

The only thing my script configured persistently was the setting up of the scheduled updates. Once that's gone, the files downloaded can be removed (the /jffs/scripts/nordvpn manager folder)

You just need to remove any existing cru entries and any lines that add a cron (cru) entry for my script from /jffs/scripts/services-start. This will stop them being created upon a reboot

The only thing my script configured persistently was the setting up of the scheduled updates. Once that's gone, the files downloaded can be removed (the /jffs/scripts/nordvpn manager folder)

Trying to change directories, i get a error that says 'nordvpn manager' doesn't exist.

Do you have a specific line of code I could copy that you think would remove the cru?

Hello,
I am having an issue after installing vpnmngr: the webUI is showing up in the VPN menu, but I have no section for the VPN instances:
- I am using NordVPN
- running 384.19 Merlin on AX88U
- vpnmngr 2.1.1 (i have updated, a I have installed an earlier version a few month ago...)
- VPN instances 2&3 connected
- I have SSHed vpnmngr and I have uopdated vpnmngr, then listed the client config, enabled the management for a VPN client, then updated the config for Instance 2 and refreshed cached data

Instances 2 & 3 are configured in the VPN Client section. I have modified Instance 2 with vpnmngr and the changes are reflected in the VPN Client section.
But nothing in the vpnmngr screen..
Any idea?
Thks !
Valyno
vpnmngr.png

Hello,
I am having an issue after installing vpnmngr: the webUI is showing up in the VPN menu, but I have no section for the VPN instances:
- I am using NordVPN
- running 384.19 Merlin on AX88U
- vpnmngr 2.1.1 (i have updated, a I have installed an earlier version a few month ago...)
- VPN instances 2&3 connected
- I have SSHed vpnmngr and I have uopdated vpnmngr, then listed the client config, enabled the management for a VPN client, then updated the config for Instance 2 and refreshed cached data

Instances 2 & 3 are configured in the VPN Client section. I have modified Instance 2 with vpnmngr and the changes are reflected in the VPN Client section.
But nothing in the vpnmngr screen..
Any idea?
Thks !
Valyno
View attachment 26742
please check for javascript errors in your browser console

Hi Jack,
Here is the result of the browser console.
There are some errors indeed.
browseconsole.png

Hello, is there a way to not always overwrite custom-configs when vpnmgr 2.1.1 is doing scheduled updates of VPN-profiles? The same is actually happening when just saving VPN Manager changes. Custom config got completly overwritten (I think because of "reapplying" VPN profile).
Can I somehow apply additional custom-configs within vpnmgr-settings which will be added after vpn-profiles got updated by vpnmgr? This would be great, because I need to use different dhcp-options within my vpns for different DNS. For now, I have always added my config-value manually after profiles got updated. But maybe there is a way to simplify it.

Just curious if this will be getting an update due to the recent PIA "NextGen VPN" network of servers ? Thanks!

Wow! This is just what I wanted and absolutely fantastic! But now I’m wondering if I can get spdMerlin to test a list of servers throughout the day and dynamically switch to the lowest load if the current server drops in performance.

Installation
Using your preferred SSH client/terminal, copy and paste the following command, then press Enter:
Code:
/usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jackyaz/vpnmgr/master/vpnmgr.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/vpnmgr" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/vpnmgr && /jffs/scripts/vpnmgr install

What is the command to uninstall?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!