What's new

Where is the custom configuration field on the new ASUS routers?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Spartan

I am having an issue when I added an OpenVPN VPN profile for my VPN which is hide.me, I told them that the VPN connects but I get no internet connectivity so they replied back telling me to add this to the custom configuration field:

Code:
redirect-gateway def1

I cannot find where to enter this though, I tried Googling it but all I saw is the old UI:

advanced.jpg

You've cut off the bottom of the image. Can you not add the directive to the shown list within that field?

You've cut off the bottom of the image. Can you not add the directive to the shown list within that field?
That's just an image I got from the web.

I have never seen that custom field on my router.

This is the email I got from hide.me support:

Matas (hide.me Support)
Feb 12, 2024, 23:55 UTC
Hello,
The log shows you have successfully connected.
however, if it is not routing properly, please try adding the following to custom configuration field
redirect-gateway def1

After that, please restart the VPN connection and try visiting https://hide.me/check from the computer behind the router.
Sincerely,

Last edited:
On stock firmware, VPN Fusion, OpenVPN, switch to Advanced. Not there at the bottom? I don’t have my router running at the moment.

Edit the VPN config file and import? It’s a text file.

OpenVPN tab there is a drop down you can click on to change from general to advanced setting.

Screenshot 2024-02-13 135828.png

No, this is the OpenVPN Server configuration. Clients are configured in VPN Fusion section.

No, this is the OpenVPN Server configuration. Clients are configured in VPN Fusion section.
Support just got back to me and told me that I can simply add that line to the .ovpn towards the bottom before this starts:

<ca>
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----
-

Thanks to everyone for trying to help, guess there is no custom configuration to enter in the stock ASUS firmware.

The SNB Forums support got back to you 6h ago. 🫡

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!