What's new

Why doesn't ASUS provide own Geo Blocking function?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The router doesn't provide that function. The websites you connect to, do.

The router doesn't provide that function. The websites you connect to, do.
My purpose is different from what you think. My purpose is blocking whole Chinese ip addresses on Asus Router side without a switch or a firewall.

You need Asuswrt-Merlin firmware + Skynet script. It can do exactly what you want.

My purpose is different from what you think. My purpose is blocking whole Chinese ip addresses on Asus Router side without a switch or a firewall.
I think the obvious answer is that it's not worth much to Asus to provide this functionality to it's entire customer set, because the vast majority doesn't value that specific feature. And, it can be accomplished with other, Asus - "approved" firmware and add ons :)

Asus has incorporated many features of RMerlin firmware into its 'stock' firmware (even though this would be @Adamm's script). This too, may pass.

But I wouldn't hold my breath to happen soon. Corporations move like dinosaurs, give it time.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!