1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Why is my router blocking this one web page?

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by David Westall, Aug 14, 2018.

1. David Westall

David Westall New Around Here

For some reason, starting 2 days ago, I can no longer access this web page, it's the login page for the Playstation Network: https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/liquid/external/auth/login.action

When I go to the page I get: Error, This page can't be displayed. Contact support for additional information. The incident ID is: n/a

I also cannot connect to PSN from my PS4 console, though my focus is on getting the above web page working because I'm sure the problems are related. Everything else I do online works fine. My router is the ASUS TM=AC1900, and yes, I did originally convert it to the AC86U firmware, but I've since reverted back to the stock T-Mobile firmware, and it's been working fine for months since. I know the problem is with the router because I have a backup router (AC56U) and that works fine. It also works fine if I bypass the router and connect directly in the back of my modem.

Some things I've tried: different browser/incognito mode, different computer (same network), Google's DNS servers, disabled the router firewall, put my computer in the DMZ, performed a factory reset on the router...nothing works. I contacted Sony/PSN support and they had me open some ports on the router, but that didn't help. I contacted ASUS support and they couldn't help, told me to contact T-Mobile, but I doubt they can help. So, I'm stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, dw.

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. john9527

john9527 Part of the Furniture

The website has probably blacklisted your WAN IP address (the IP address from your ISP is dependent on the MAC address of what's plugged into the modem). If the stock firmware supports it, clone the MAC address from your AC56 to your TM-AC1900. Otherwise, powerdown your modem and router for about 1/2 hour and you should get a new address.

4. David Westall

David Westall New Around Here

Ok, I tried powering off the modem and router for 30 min, but that didn't help. I then did the MAC clone change and it worked! Awesome! Is it ok to just leave it like that? Will I have any problems down the road? I was thinking about selling the AC56, can I still do that? Thanks so much for your help.

5. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Very Senior Member

Yes most ISP's have very sticky dynamic public ip addresses that are tied to the mac address of the first device behind the modem. Even powering off for days and it likely will not change. As you see changing the Mac address the modem sees has issued you a new ip. I also would not use the 56 mac if your going to sell the device. Simply use another mac address from something else you own.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!