What's new

Why is my router blocking this one web page?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

David Westall

New Around Here
For some reason, starting 2 days ago, I can no longer access this web page, it's the login page for the Playstation Network: https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/liquid/external/auth/login.action

When I go to the page I get: Error, This page can't be displayed. Contact support for additional information. The incident ID is: n/a

I also cannot connect to PSN from my PS4 console, though my focus is on getting the above web page working because I'm sure the problems are related. Everything else I do online works fine. My router is the ASUS TM=AC1900, and yes, I did originally convert it to the AC86U firmware, but I've since reverted back to the stock T-Mobile firmware, and it's been working fine for months since. I know the problem is with the router because I have a backup router (AC56U) and that works fine. It also works fine if I bypass the router and connect directly in the back of my modem.

Some things I've tried: different browser/incognito mode, different computer (same network), Google's DNS servers, disabled the router firewall, put my computer in the DMZ, performed a factory reset on the router...nothing works. I contacted Sony/PSN support and they had me open some ports on the router, but that didn't help. I contacted ASUS support and they couldn't help, told me to contact T-Mobile, but I doubt they can help. So, I'm stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, dw.

The website has probably blacklisted your WAN IP address (the IP address from your ISP is dependent on the MAC address of what's plugged into the modem). If the stock firmware supports it, clone the MAC address from your AC56 to your TM-AC1900. Otherwise, powerdown your modem and router for about 1/2 hour and you should get a new address.

Ok, I tried powering off the modem and router for 30 min, but that didn't help. I then did the MAC clone change and it worked! Awesome! Is it ok to just leave it like that? Will I have any problems down the road? I was thinking about selling the AC56, can I still do that? Thanks so much for your help.

Yes most ISP's have very sticky dynamic public ip addresses that are tied to the mac address of the first device behind the modem. Even powering off for days and it likely will not change. As you see changing the Mac address the modem sees has issued you a new ip. I also would not use the 56 mac if your going to sell the device. Simply use another mac address from something else you own.

For some reason, starting 2 days ago, I can no longer access this web page, it's the login page for the Playstation Network: https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/liquid/external/auth/login.action

When I go to the page I get: Error, This page can't be displayed. Contact support for additional information. The incident ID is: n/a

I also cannot connect to PSN from my PS4 console, though my focus is on getting the above web page working because I'm sure the problems are related. Everything else I do online works fine. My router is the ASUS TM=AC1900, and yes, I did originally convert it to the AC86U firmware, but I've since reverted back to the stock T-Mobile firmware, and it's been working fine for months since. I know the problem is with the router because I have a backup router (AC56U) and that works fine. It also works fine if I bypass the router and connect directly in the back of my modem.

Some things I've tried: different browser/incognito mode, different computer (same network), Google's DNS servers, disabled the router firewall, put my computer in the DMZ, performed a factory reset on the router...nothing works. I contacted Sony/PSN support and they had me open some ports on the router, but that didn't help. I contacted ASUS support and they couldn't help, told me to contact T-Mobile, but I doubt they can help. So, I'm stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, dw.

Hey I am having the same problem and I have no clue what to do. I just got a new router recently and it’s been working fine for my PlayStation, all of a sudden this problem has happened and I can’t sign into any Sony operation and I don’t know how to fix any of this. I’m not a big tech person so I don’t understand what you guys are meaning so could you please help me.

Why don't you guys call and request reset MAC address at the ISP? Spectrum and ATT do that.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!