What's new

Wireless Mode Disable 11b check mark stuck on (3.0.0.4.386_45934)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gammern

New Around Here
I can't get rid of the check mark on 2.4GHz Wireless Mode "Disable 11b" option. If I deselect and press Apply it will still be there.

Screenshot 2021-12-11 at 10-49-31 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC1900U - General.png

Firmware bug, perhaps. I see the same behavior - can't be removed once set. I don't have 2.4GHz clients to test the connectivity though.

Consumer product similar to the rest of the same type. There are other things not working in Asuswrt, but actively advertised as extra features. Don't forget the fact you pay very low price for router + switch + access point in all-in-one device. Price/performance ratio for typical home user is not bad.

In old times Linksys advertised their WRT54G as all in one: router + switch + wireless access point. And for those who don't know, before the WRT54G you usually needed three separate devices for the same purpose.
You still shall see today's consumer routers as such, forget the advertised additional bells and whistles.
Testing of consumer products has another level than testing of an airplane. Industrial products are maybe in between, and I know of own experience that it is impossible to test everything. Combine that with the law of "every fix brings two or more new bugs" and you will get some understanding ;)