What's new

2x 2,5gbit lan ports

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

przemekwawa

Regular Contributor
Is it possible to use in RT-AX88U Pro two 2,5gbit ports as LAN? Normal, without Pro had no 2,5 but I see that Pro has one described as WAN, second as LAN.
If it is not, what would you reccomend as router with two 2,5 lan? AXE16000 is pretty expensive...
I have currently RT-AX86U + RT-AX86S as mesh connected by wifi, but I am thinking about new router and use 86U as mesh (with migration to ethernet connection).

Another connection, would aimesh work with cable connection but with switch between them (not managed)? Theoretically yes but...

Not sure why you need a new router. Just going from wireless AiMesh to wired with the routers you already have will improve your network responsiveness significantly. If you don't need Guest Network to the node and run it in AP Mode you can also increase the aggregate Wi-Fi throughput.

Not sure why you need a new router. Just going from wireless AiMesh to wired with the routers you already have will improve your network responsiveness significantly. If you don't need Guest Network to the node and run it in AP Mode you can also increase the aggregate Wi-Fi throughput.
Only because I want 2 ports 2,5gbit capable - for NAS and server. Moving to wired aimesh is not related:)

You can't, you will need to get a cheap switch...
That is another thing that I am thinking of. Thanks for the link, will check reviews.

If I would go to buy new router with 2x2,5gbit ports, any recommendations?

Only because I want 2 ports 2,5gbit capable - for NAS and server.

If you need 2.5GbE on your LAN - get a 2.5GbE switch. No need to change the router if your ISP line is up to Gigabit.

If I would go to buy new router with 2x2,5gbit ports, any recommendations?

GT-AX6000 and RT-AX88U Pro are popular around. Basically the same hardware devices often at the same or similar price.

Thanks for the answers, maybe you are right and I will do it using switch (as I still planned to buy one).
No, I dont need two more radios. The only reason was to get more ports.
Will AiMesh work over switch? I think it should but maybe there are some problems, maybe asus implemented it in some strange way?

Edit: I found answer here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-rt-ax88u-pro-mesh-wired-ethernet-issues.87214/
It should work with unmanaged switch

This one also has dual 2.5 Gbps, but MTK based, so might not see as good support from Asus as the GT-AX6000.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!