What's new

3006-3004

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

woodgray

New Around Here
Delayed implementation New 3006 vs 3004. I am assuming its really an Asus thing. This kind of leaves me in limbo. I have a gt-axe16000 I was running the beta 9.0.0.6.102 firmware. I am in a heavily congested area. The vlan portion was working nicely for IOT and a Guest network but, with possible security issues (I don't know if they are issue in the beta build) I decided to switch to the 3.0.0.4.388.5 Merlin. Asus is suppose to support vlan in the 16000 but is not there in any build except the 9.0.0.6. So the question is can I expect a version of Merlin or Asus that will do this Or is there a setup I can use. Lastly is the 9.0.0.4 version safe.

9.0.0.4 version is Beta. Safe enough to use, but with features not guaranteed to work properly. It's a preview of what is coming and intended for testing purposes. If you really need full VLANs support this home AIO router is perhaps not the best hardware choice. Version of Asuswrt-Merlin with the new 3.0.0.6 features is not expected any time soon. This is home networking thing indeed - you pay first and then wait and hope for the best.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!