What's new

[384.10_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Alpha2 firmware available :)

DONT FLASH RT-AC68U FIRWARE dnsmasq don't start up
RT-AC68U_384.10_alpha2-gb9d6669b27

https://pastebin.com/cRVCfFJb

Code:
Mar  3 22:30:44 dnsmasq[3679]: bad option at line 12 of /etc/dnsmasq.conf
Mar  3 22:30:44 dnsmasq[3679]: FAILED to start up

@RMerlin

Last edited:
DONT FLASH RT-AC68U FIRWARE dnsmasq don't start up
RT-AC68U_384.10_alpha2-gb9d6669b27

https://pastebin.com/cRVCfFJb

Code:
Mar  3 22:30:44 dnsmasq[3679]: bad option at line 12 of /etc/dnsmasq.conf
Mar  3 22:30:44 dnsmasq[3679]: FAILED to start up

@RMerlin
Why don't you also post /etc/dnsmasq.conf? Probably an easy fix with a postconf file in the short term.

EDIT: Apologies, too many tabs open to pastebin

Why don't you also post /etc/dnsmasq.conf? Probably an easy fix with a postconf file in the short term.
read pastbin file
Watchdog write it back again

EDIT: Apologies, too many tabs open to pastebin
:D

postconf pc_insert is broke.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
CONFIG=$1
source /usr/sbin/helper.sh
pc_insert "text to find" "text to insert " $CONFIG

used to work. Now instead of inserting "text to insert" it inserts "$CONFIG" pc_replace and pc_delete seem fine.

i see a build forthe 3200 is back , is it safe , anybody give ita try yet , I'M afraid my mind is not up to my router crashing and having to rebuild from scratch . guess I'lk be waiting for fedback from the more adventurous among us giving it a shot . . Thanks Merlin fo all the work you put in maintaining this FW.

i see a build forthe 3200 is back , is it safe , anybody give ita try yet , I'M afraid my mind is not up to my router crashing and having to rebuild from scratch . guess I'lk be waiting for fedback from the more adventurous among us giving it a shot . . Thanks Merlin fo all the work you put in maintaining this FW.
it works fine.

384.10_alpha2-gb9d6669b27 works fine on RT-AC87u
Thank you RMerlin

RT Ac5300 dirty upgrade to latest Alpha...flawless!!

Up and running second try. When remove all "pc_insert" all working. (have it in two places)
vsftpd starts and working now.

Uptime 0 days 0 hours 36 minute(s) 10 seconds

Thank you!

Alpha2-gb9d6669b27 operational without issues on AC-RT87 & 2x AC-86U's. Great code!!

I just updated my 86U from 384.8_2 to 10_alpha2_b27. Everything seems to be good, including the VPN client, QoS, and Skynet. Thanks Merlin!!

Are the Asus bugs still present as they were in _9? It seems the Network Map is still not showing all the devices. Anything else we need to watch out for?

@RMerlin,

Also in this alpha the message "No active leases" on my RT-AC86U. how did that happen? Is that by ASUS? or by your code?

Are the Asus bugs still present as they were in _9?

384.10 is based on the same GPL code as 384.9.

Also in this alpha the message "No active leases" on my RT-AC86U. how did that happen?

What's that error message? Where are you seeing it? I'll need some context...

384.10_alpha2-gd59424d6b5 is working fine on my RT-AX88U. Thank you @RMerlin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!