What's new

[384.10_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

octopus

Part of the Furniture
Last edited:
Tried on my AC3200 . (384.9)

-DO NOT GO THERE .-

Result , upgrade said it was complete but resulted in a continuous loop of cycling LED's , off /on cycle for 2-3 minutes and off/on again.

Factory reset would not work and rescue mode failed to start . Power cycled and then left router unplugged for an hour before trying again , rescue mode started after @ 30 more attempts.

The new 384.10_alpha2-gb9d6669b27 for AC3200 loads and works well .

Last edited:
Update to RT-AC68U working fine. FTP does not start haven't look further on that.

Probably it just me, but I made interesting dicovery with regards to this firmware and pppoe, when using media converter. In prior version after restart or power on, had to wait roughly 5 minute or so before pppoe connection established and got ip. 384.10 firmware process is instantaneous and no longer have to wait.

Edit 1
Apparently it was fluke, back to same old again. Oh well good to raise hope once in a while.

Last edited:
Update to RT-AC68U working fine. FTP does not start haven't look further on that.

FTP starting but can't connect. all INPUT rules is there. Must be something with new OpenSSL 1.1.1
EDIT: It seems to connect but cant reach any shared files.
Code:
0     0 ACCEPT     tcp  --  any    any     anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:ftp
0     0 ACCEPT     tcp  --  any    any     anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpts:57530:57560
/etc/vsftpd.conf
Code:
anonymous_enable=NO
nopriv_user=root
write_enable=YES
local_enable=YES
chroot_local_user=YES
local_umask=000
dirmessage_enable=NO
xferlog_enable=NO
syslog_enable=NO
connect_from_port_20=YES
use_localtime=YES
listen=YES
pasv_enable=YES
pasv_min_port=57530
pasv_max_port=57560
tcp_wrappers=NO
max_clients=5
ftp_username=anonymous
ftpd_banner=Welcome to Octopus FTP service.
ssl_enable=YES
rsa_cert_file=/etc/cert.pem
rsa_private_key_file=/etc/key.pem
@RMerlin

Last edited:
:confused::eek: Tried on my AC3200 . (384.9)

DO NOT GO THERE .

Result , upgrade said it was complete but resulted in a continuous loop of cycling LED's , off /on cycle for 2-3 minutes and off/on again.

Factory reset would not work and rescue mode failed to start . Power cycled and then left router unplugged for an hour before trying again , rescue mode started after @ 30 more attempts.

Now back on 384.9
same for me. Flashed back to 384.9 with rescue mode. For future refference, you can force rescue mode by holding reset button during boot.

same for me. Flashed back to 384.9 with rescue mode. For future refference, you can force rescue mode by holding reset button during boot.
An AC3200 as well or another model? Thanks.

Thanks, I'll remove the AC3200 and AC87U builds.

For future refference, you can force rescue mode by holding reset button during boot.

That is what should happen ( I have used it plenty of times over the years) but would not. Tried many times before I could start the rescue mode.

t
I tried to flash this again and the same thing happened,had to rescue mode back to 384.9 again.
=
Thanks for the warning Andrei , sure saved me a headache , any idea why this is happening on the 3200 and not he other models , thia is a first for Merlin fw , wonder if anyone got a 3200 working with this fw ?

Fuuukkk not read this and flashed in 87u.... can I restore without losing the settings?

If your router is stuck in the loop with flashing Led's then no, you'll have to use rescue mode and reset everything.

t

=
Thanks for the warning Andrei , sure saved me a headache , any idea why this is happening on the 3200 and not he other models , thia is a first for Merlin fw , wonder if anyone got a 3200 working with this fw ?

All I could see was that the upgrade never finished and didn't connect to the net.

Merlin has removed the downloads for AC3200 + Ac87U.

These alpha builds receive very little testing from me. I generally only test one or two models. In this case, only the RT-AX88U, RT-AC5300 and RT-AC68U were tested here.

The RT-AC87U and RT-AC3200 are both based on older GPL code, so they behave differently from the rest of them.

Using rescue mode will NOT erase your configuration.

I am stuck trying to recover ... It enters in rescue mode putting 192.168.1.10 as ip via ethernet but with the restauration utility it does not recognice it... the power led of the router is flashing so I think is in recue mode... but maybe another segment of ips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!