What's new

[384.11_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RMerlin Could you check 45713 GPL code ?

Code:
building mksqushfs host tool ...
make -C /krys/test/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/hostTools/squashfs_4.2
make[5]: Entering directory '/krys/test/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/hostTools/squashfs_4.2'
gcc   -O2 -DGNU -I/krys/test/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/bcmdrivers/opensource/include/bcm963xx -I/krys/test/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/shared/opensource/include/bcm963xx -I.    -I. -I/krys/test/asuswrt-merlin.ng/release/src-rt-5.02hnd/hostTools/squashfs_4.2/../xz-5.0.3/src/liblzma/api -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE -DCOMP_DEFAULT=\"gzip\" -Wall -DGZIP_SUPPORT -DLZMA_SUPPORT -DXZ_SUPPORT -DXATTR_SUPPORT -DXATTR_DEFAULT   -c -o mksquashfs.o mksquashfs.c
mksquashfs.c: In function ‘create_inode’:
mksquashfs.c:1354:24: error: called object ‘major’ is not a function or function pointer
   unsigned int major = major(buf->st_rdev);
                        ^
mksquashfs.c:1354:16: note: declared here
                ^
mksquashfs.c:1355:24: error: called object ‘minor’ is not a function or function pointer
   unsigned int minor = minor(buf->st_rdev);
                        ^
mksquashfs.c:1355:16: note: declared here
                ^
mksquashfs.c:1378:24: error: called object ‘major’ is not a function or function pointer
                        ^
mksquashfs.c:1378:16: note: declared here
                ^
mksquashfs.c:1379:24: error: called object ‘minor’ is not a function or function pointer
                        ^
mksquashfs.c:1379:16: note: declared here
                ^
mksquashfs.c: In function ‘dir_scan2’:
mksquashfs.c:3778:17: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘makedev’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
   buf.st_rdev = makedev(pseudo_ent->dev->major,
                 ^
<builtin>: recipe for target 'mksquashfs.o' failed
make[5]: *** [mksquashfs.o] Error 1

RT-AC86U built fine for me last night. Don't think the makesquashfs code has changed in years either.

This is in the changelog for alpha4;

- UPDATED: RT-AX88U to 384_5951 GPL.
- UPDATED: Other models to 384_45713 GPL (RT-AC87U, RT-AC3200 and
RT-AC5300 still using 384_45149 binary blobs)
Sad that asus spends so much time spitting out updates and GPL's, but half the time mess something up. I admire merlin for pumping in the long hours on his hobby routers to fix what ever they break.

- UPDATED: Other models to 384_45713 GPL

Build successfully Alpha4(mainline) for my Ac86, everything works fine except for the message:
-WLCEVENTD: wl0.1: Assoc
-WLCEVENTD: wl0.1: Disassoc
is still present but can be stopped by placing "Log only messages more urgent than" on Info instead of Debug in General log . This message no longer appears with 45713, but returns with Alpha4 after having Factory Reset.(I came from 45713)
- Network map clients list is fixed :)

Attachments

• Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    64.6 KB · Views: 516
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    9.1 KB · Views: 543
Last edited:
I compiled 384.11_A4 and a host of errors were fixed. It seems to be running without ipv6 issues that ipv6.test.com listed. Thanks @RMerlin for fixing a ton of errors in this build.

I compiled 384.11_A4 and a host of errors were fixed. It seems to be running without ipv6 issues that ipv6.test.com listed. Thanks @RMerlin for fixing a ton of errors in this build.

The list of fixes I did in 384.11 is actually very short compared to previous releases...

Dirty Upgrade to Alpha 4 on RT AC-5300, and all seems well...

Updated from alpha3 to alpha4 working fine...........
Uptime 0 days 1 hours 29 minute(s) 45 seconds

Thank you RM!

Flashed RT-AC86U from 384.11_Alpha3 to Alpha4.

Format JFFS partition on next boot and factory reset and manually reconfigured settings

Settings used
DHCP Server
VPN client with ExpressVPN
Traffic Analyzer
Adaptive QoS
AIProtection

Various scripts and learning more about DNS-over-TLS

All works as it has with the previous alpha builds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alpha 4 works fine! :) problem with the errors on my RT-AC86U are gone :) (fixed by ASUS)

Dirty Flashed... New build is running great...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!