What's new

[384.12_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's just an Alpha release, but wow, what a nice one.
Thank you Merlin for including the latest "blob" release for the Asus RT AC 3200.
We have be running the release only for a few hours, but no issues at all.
Will post later if anything shows up.
Again, Thank You Merlin, you rock, and when I telephone ASUS direct I make certain every-time to mention that the reason I continue to buy their products is because of YOU and your coding skills!
You deserve a pay raise!

I want to try it on my AC86U, but only for this model no checksums are provided.

Can somebody who (already) successfully flashed this file please post the hashes here?

I'll try Alpha releases, but I have to stop somewhere. I won't install this one (yet).

Strange that all others are in a zip file yet this one is the bare '*ubi.w' file?

I'll try Alpha releases, but I have to stop somewhere. I won't install this one (yet).

Strange that all others are in a zip file yet this one is the bare '*ubi.w' file?
Yea, I'd imagine it was a mistake in saving it. Anyone know what the differences between the two alphas are? Both seem to be labeled alpha1.

Edit: Think I found it....would imagine its kept the same name due to minor changes/features added.

Code:
ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.45717
- Fixed DDoS vulnerability.

- Fixed AiCloud vulnerability. Thanks for Matt Cundari's contribution.

- Fixed command injection vulnerability. Thanks for S1mba Lu's contribution.

- Fixed buffer overflow vulnerability. Thanks for Javier Aguinaga's contribution.

Yea, I'd imagine it was a mistake in saving it. Anyone know what the differences between the two alphas are? Both seem to be labeled alpha1.

Edit: Think I found it....would imagine its kept the same name due to minor changes/features added.

Code:
ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.45717
- Fixed DDoS vulnerability.

- Fixed AiCloud vulnerability. Thanks for Matt Cundari's contribution.

- Fixed command injection vulnerability. Thanks for S1mba Lu's contribution.

- Fixed buffer overflow vulnerability. Thanks for Javier Aguinaga's contribution.

Sounds reasonable. :)

But the name has been changed though and those fixes look important too. :)

Here is what I just downloaded, along with the SHA-256 hash:

Code:
RT-AC86U_384.12_alpha1-g4a8cd4ead5_ubi.w
5AF8913FE655ED8B7CE103EF8D9E07C70EAE3FAF759C8FC49B6A57B750637AA1

Sounds reasonable. :)

But the name has been changed though and those fixes look important too. :)

Here is what I just downloaded, along with the SHA-256 hash:

Code:
RT-AC86U_384.12_alpha1-g4a8cd4ead5_ubi.w
5AF8913FE655ED8B7CE103EF8D9E07C70EAE3FAF759C8FC49B6A57B750637AA1
I agree security is important, but Merlin may believe it wasn't worth appending. Was referring to the beginning of the filename (RT-AC86U_384.12_alpha1)

The thing I am wanting to know is did anyone get any new ipv6 issues or is yours working as it should.

I agree security is important, but Merlin may believe it wasn't worth appending. Was referring to the beginning of the filename (RT-AC86U_384.12_alpha1)

After the hyphen is the last merged commit number.

This is what has been included/changed/fixed since last alpha :

Code:
Merge branch 'master' into mainline
rc: allow experimental AiMesh toggle to survive factory default resets
Updated documentation
httpd: revert RT-AC3200 web_hook blob to custom 384_xxxx version
rc: kludge for RT-AC3200 building with 382 blobs
Merged 382_51636 binary blobs for RT-AC3200
webui: tweaked popup help for OpenVPN client's Inbound Firewall setting
Merged 45717 binary blobs for RT-AC86U
Merged 45717 binary blobs for RT-AC68U
Merged 45717 binary blobs for SDK7.14 devices
Merge with GPL 384_45717
rc: fix de88069
rc/shared: disable obsolete exec code
rc: change default behaviour of resolv.conf to use ISP instead of loc
rc: fix parameter order when launching wsdd2
ovpn: configurable allow/drop firewall policy for clients
webui: only show RSA strength selector if server is not started

The build script failed on that model because of an invalid blob from the GPL. I had to revert that blob, and manually recompile that model firmware to confirm the previous version still worked with the other updated blobs. So, it didn't get packaged by the build script.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

So one thing I am noticing with the new alpha on my RT-AC5300, I will have no IPV6 activity on the Native page when I reboot with it turned on, but i can force it to work VIA GUI if i hit enable long after router as successfully booted. is there a work around for this atleast until asus fixes the coding they may have just messed up? Note all of my "proc values" are as they should be in order for it to work.

BTW- if i set one of my other routers up as main router the IPV6 works fine on the new alpha branch.

The build script failed on that model because of an invalid blob from the GPL. I had to revert that blob, and manually recompile that model firmware to confirm the previous version still worked with the other updated blobs. So, it didn't get packaged by the build script.
I'm not sure I understand; does this mean that this AC86U firmware does not yet contain the 45717 binary blobs?

I'm not sure I understand; does this mean that this AC86U firmware does not yet contain the 45717 binary blobs?

I understand it to mean that at least one of the '45717 blobs was corrupted. The updated blobs that weren't corrupted are included in the 'bare' *ubi.w file

Mr Merlin has done it again. A great and fast merge with the extra security for vulnerabilities. The new firewall on a VPN client is new. Block is set. Unfortunately the dcd errors are still or there, I thought they will be gone with this merge. Maybe it is the missing blob :) Or I have to do a clean install.. I set Yes to local dnsmasq and working fine. The classifications page with names is great. If you can make this on system log-> connections as well? If not (no control) no problem, I almost know all ip’s by name now:). Tnx!

Last edited:
I also just upgraded to Alpha 1 (g4a8cd4ead5) with no issues. :)

Kudo's to RMerlin for consistently providing these updates for us all.

No problems updating to Alpha1_g4a8cd4ead5

Thanks RMerlin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I understand it to mean that at least one of the '45717 blobs was corrupted. The updated blobs that weren't corrupted are included in the 'bare' *ubi.w file
Thank you. Using your explanation I read the same in RMerlin's post.

Wonder whether ASUS will fix the GPL issue or the AC86U will keep a "Frankenstein" build for 384.12...

(will refrain from upgrading for now)

Thank you. Using your explanation I read the same in RMerlin's post.

Wonder whether ASUS will fix the GPL issue or the AC86U will keep a "Frankenstein" build for 384.12...

(will refrain from upgrading for now)

I'm sure RMerlin is already on track to getting the uncorrupted blob if he doesn't have it already. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!