What's new

[384.14_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, who are you and who do you work for with 17 BILLION GB on your desktop computer and NAS that can handle it? ;-p
Well, I used to work for the US Government. And I did work with computers. But that is behind me and I've been retired for eight years. All of my PC's, even my smart phone, are used as I volunteer with a faith based not-for-profit that collects and refurbs PC's for those who need a good PC and don't have a lot of money. I do keep upgrading as we get in better PC's. That is my payment for doing their network admin/security camera system.
As for the file transfer it was 17 GB over an Ethernet connection and my NAS is a 4 TB Synology. Sort of blew me away when I saw the log so that is why I posted a picture. Figured something was not right so I went back to 384.13 which had been up for over 43 days.

The wink was supposed to indicate I knew there was a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem Activating SSH in GUI

After upgrading my AC86 from 13 to 14 beta, when using the GUI I was unable to activate SSH access to the router.

When I clicked apply a box kept popping up telling to select a number between 1-65535. Regardless of what port number I entered it would not work. Rebooting the router did not help.

I finally reverted to V 13 turned on SSH the upgraded again to V14. After turning on SSH in V13 SSH was working in V14.
14 Beta ??? Where did you find that. I can only see A1 and A2.

Please excuse me for my inexperience. I do try upgrade AX88U from .13 to .14a2 so far no problem at all. But may be it only because I only use a basic function of the router.
Anyway just want to provide some feedback. Thank you RMerlin

PS. Thank Vexira for correcting me. I did mean alpha

Last edited:
On the last alpha in the LAN-DHCP Server-Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list section does not display a table with reservation data.

AC86U

Please excuse me for my inexperience. I do try upgrade AX88U from .13 to .14b2 so far no problem at all. But may be it only because I only use a basic function of the router.
Anyway just want to provide some feedback. Thank you RMerlin
I think you mean alpha.

This is a pretty long alpha cycle. Seems like ASUS may release another firmware update before this merlin build makes it out of alpha/beta.

Nah, not really. Were you not around for the 384.13 alpha and beta phases? That took months as I recall, an epic when put in the perspective of instant interweb gratification.
Up to bleeding edge current and shiny isn’t always the most intelligent pursuit. And art can’t be rushed.

Just flashed the new alpha 2. Everything running fine thus far. Thanks, RMerlin.

Nah, not really. Were you not around for the 384.13 alpha and beta phases? That took months as I recall, an epic when put in the perspective of instant interweb gratification.
Up to bleeding edge current and shiny isn’t always the most intelligent pursuit. And art can’t be rushed.

Yeah, but those had a lot of active development. This one is kinda just sitting out there, now just a few days shy of a month. Anyhow, I was just fishing a bit. :)

Hi, just installed RT-AX88U_384.14_alpha2-g5951cff143 and so far so good DHCP list and samba access performing well. Besides, all the rest of functionality that I use (IPTV movistar profile, DLNA, Open VPN server,..) looks like working. Only two comments to add :

- The "FPM Poolx : Invalid token ... xxxxx freed" messages are still there with this firmware, so the 6436 ASUS build on which this Merlin firmware is based has not yet fixed those.
- The "Web History" display list is not only unsorted, but it behaves strangely slow and with continous refreshes now.

Now we'll see how reliable this alpha code is with some time..

In any case... thanks a lot Merlin (again) for developing and sharing this code with all of us!!

Installed Tuesday's 384.14_alpha2-g5..... on RT-AX88U and 2x RT-86U's in a wired backhaul AIMesh setup, upgrading from 384.13 which was the most stable release I've had on both router models. Great work Merlin, thank you.

I returned back to RT-AX88U_384.13_0 and the DHCP setting now show and the SMB does connect too... I will stay at this release... and follow this thread..

Installed RT-AX88U_384.14_alpha2-g5951cff143_cferom_ubi and all is good now... Thank you Merlin for another outstanding prerelease.

Have to join the choir here, RT-AC86U_384.14_alpha2-g5951cff143_cferom_ubi.w has been running without issue for almost a couple of days so far.

Dirty install over 384.13_0 (and dirty install since 384.10_0)!

RMerlin, much appreciated as always! :)

+1 on a AX88U great work as always. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!