What's new

[384.14_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...let's get back on topic please, 384.14 Alpha. Oh yeah, that one...

Edit: which is working perfectly in my environment, BTW.

Could someone confirm that the latest alpha for the AX88 is this one:

384.14_alpha2-gf219c5fe91

Thanks.

Could someone confirm that the latest alpha for the AX88 is this one:

384.14_alpha2-gf219c5fe91

Thanks.
Newest version ends with 143

Hi

I have been running the 81039 and 81049 FW since the day theyt came out. Not a singel reboot issue. Updated to RT-AC86U_384.14_alpha2-g5060deff5c_cferom_ubi.w saturday evening, my router does not auto reboot. Stopped both yesterday and today. Coinsidence or fault?

I have been running 384.13 and i have intermittent auto reboot problems, setting to reboot once a week, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.
I was thinking of updating to this Alpha to see it had been fixed, seems not?

Upgrade RT-AX88U & RT-AC3100 from V384.13_0 Final to V384.14_alpha2-g5951cff143 & V384.14_alpha2_g5060deff5c via dirty firmware upgrade. 30+ devices and all appears to be working for main AX88U router.

As I mentioned, hardware acceleration is a blackbox over which even Asus has no control. Only Broadcom would know if something ever changed in the hardware acceleration code. I don't know if it did, and chances are that Asus doesn't know either.
Update: I deleted my old tomato_rstats....gz file and created a new traffic data file. Traffic monitor is now well behaved and seems to be working correctly.

Have been using this for a few days and so far not a single issue, reboot scheduler also appears to be working.

So what can I change from default on the sys log page to keep from seeing the client log spam ? Is there any settings that will make them stop logging although I don't see any issues it just drives me crazy.

Tried to do a full clean (including nvram) with beta 2 for my AX88U.
Problems I noticed: getting JFFS to work, somehow it can't enable itself, even when formatting is selected.
I had to downgrade to stable to get it sorted. Then after upgrade again and restoring settings before I did the downgrade, JFFS still worked, as well as my openvpn settings.

Another problem is that the manual ip setting for clients seems to be broken.
Somehow I've managed to add some, but they're not displayed. (even ctrl+F5 doesn't fix it)

Last edited:
These lines are new in the log after a reboot or flash ,.. something important?

May 5 01:05:14 modprobe: module sit not found in modules.dep
May 5 01:05:16 modprobe: module ledtrig-usbdev not found in modules.dep
May 5 01:05:16 modprobe: module leds-usb not found in modules.dep
May 5 01:05:16 modprobe: module scsi_wait_scan not found in modules.dep
May 5 01:05:16 modprobe: module uas not found in modules.dep
May 5 01:05:16 modprobe: module mbcache not found in modules.dep
May 5 01:05:16 modprobe: module btusbdrv not found in modules.dep
May 5 01:05:16 modprobe: module ip6t_REJECT not found in modules.dep
May 5 01:05:16 modprobe: module ip6t_ROUTE not found in modules.de

and restoring settings before I did the downgrade
Importing any setting is not advised when having trouble. Try the flash then factory reset, then manual configure from there.

Does the latest Alpha 2 for the 86U fix the SSH that was broken in the previous Alpha?

This option is available only with a merlin fw. With Asus fw it's hidden
System log / General info

What's the best standard setting for: Default message log level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!