What's new

[384.16_Alpha Builds] Testing all variants

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I must add that in every other way this firmware on this router rocks. Great work again Eric!:)

Looks like the OneDrive link appears to be having issues. I cannot access the site to download the alpha build.

This only happens on my AX88U.
Then one of your script delaying/blocking NTP Request. init-start is very early in startup sequence.

Just upgraded to this version on my 5300 and i must say , i have the feeling websites load quicker.

@RMerlin the change log shows “Merged GPL 384_8137“ this is AX58 firmware yes?

Yes it is the latest. Although good luck ever getting a solid answer if the AX58 will ever be supported. One would think by now there would at least be an idea. No matter though stock firmware is rock solid on this router.

Testing 384.16_alpha1 and found popup not match Wireless radio and Rx/Tx RSSI

Guest network clients_red.jpg

Dirty upgrade from 384.15 -> 384.16 Alpha1: had to re-enter in my LAN settings the default gateway and the Host Name (both were empty) before my AC5300 came back alive.

Yes it is the latest. Although good luck ever getting a solid answer if the AX58 will ever be supported. One would think by now there would at least be an idea. No matter though stock firmware is rock solid on this router.

I agree on the stock firmware, it runs great, no issues at all.

AC68U upgrade from 384.15 -> 384.16 alpha1 Tx/Rx rate not updating for lan devices in client list.

Last edited:
That's because the popup represents the data at the time you click(static) while the graphical representation refreshes.
Well rssi may change after click popup but not interface.....

but hwy do we need to upgrade to 384.16? Apart from the dumb "WPA3 is not secure" bug on trend micro report, 384.15 FW works great :D

but hwy do we need to upgrade to 384.16? Apart from the dumb "WPA3 is not secure" bug on trend micro report, 384.15 FW works great :D
Don't update because of that fix, it's still broken. WPA3 still reports weak password in AI-Protection scan.

That's why I put "dumb bug" ;) But still the case is that even though ppl are complaining that AX88U is 802.11ax crap on 7756, 7968.. for me it works great with N, AC, AX clients (up to 1gbps+), 1gbps WAN, all stock and merlin features enabled and plethora of amtm scripts installed... srsly there is nothing I can complain in 384.15.

Hello friends.
I’m sorry, I’m using a translator.
I did a "dirty" upgrade (384.15 -> 384.16 alpha 1) to the alpha version of the firmware, but after a successful firmware, I lost the Internet.:mad:
I am using the AX88 as the main router, a static connecting to the Internet.
After flashing or rebooting the router, the Internet status is not connected and the Internet does not actually work.
If you disconnect in the web ui and then connect to the Internet, then everything works, but until the next reboot.
Returned to the latest stable firmware.:(

Hello friends.
I’m sorry, I’m using a translator.
I did a "dirty" upgrade (384.15 -> 384.16 alpha 1) to the alpha version of the firmware, but after a successful firmware, I lost the Internet.:mad:
I am using the AX88 as the main router, a static connecting to the Internet.
After flashing or rebooting the router, the Internet status is not connected and the Internet does not actually work.
If you disconnect in the web ui and then connect to the Internet, then everything works, but until the next reboot.
Returned to the latest stable firmware.:(
In the system log is the time synced?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!