What's new

[ 388.2 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest Alpha, upgrading from previous one was a bit rocky but nothing that was not resolved after a good reboot or physical power cycle.

Latest Alpha on AX88U and 56u, and still AiMesh is broken @RMerlin taking about 15 sec to load data , thought it is worth mention.
Thank you for your hard job here!

1678922005524.png

1678921982307.png

I upgraded my AX86 to alpha 2 and I am getting below error
ntpq: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

any clues ?

I upgraded my AX86 to alpha 2 and I am getting below error
ntpq: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

any clues ?
This as nothing to do with this alpha2 version but is caused by the latest Entware packages update made available yesterday. Therefore I am assuming that you have Entware running on your router.

Check your System Log for information as to what is going on.
@RMerlin
nothing had changed just the update to alpha 2, here is what it’s say.

Mar 16 15:30:45 rc_service: httpd 2589:notify_rc start_vpnclient1
Mar 16 15:30:45 ovpn-client1[26147]: Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in config.ovpn:43: keysize (2.6.0)
Mar 16 15:30:45 ovpn-client1[26147]: Use --help for more information.
Mar 16 15:30:45 openvpn: Starting OpenVPN client 1 failed!
Mar 16 15:30:45 openvpn-routing: Clearing routing table for VPN client 1

@RMerlin
nothing had changed just the update to alpha 2, here is what it’s say.

Mar 16 15:30:45 rc_service: httpd 2589:notify_rc start_vpnclient1
Mar 16 15:30:45 ovpn-client1[26147]: Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in config.ovpn:43: keysize (2.6.0)
Mar 16 15:30:45 ovpn-client1[26147]: Use --help for more information.
Mar 16 15:30:45 openvpn: Starting OpenVPN client 1 failed!
Mar 16 15:30:45 openvpn-routing: Clearing routing table for VPN client 1
Remove "keysize" from your config, its depreciated.

@RMerlin will there be an alpha2 for XT12 soon? Or still awaiting updates from Asus? :-/
Still missing GPLs from Asus for the XT12 and GT-AX11000_Pro. They still need to fix issues on these two, and their engineers are currently busy with higher priority tasks, so no ETA.

On the network map page where the Ethernet ports are on the axe16000 the ones that show up as yellow does that mean that the ports are not connected at full speed?

On the network map page where the Ethernet ports are on the axe16000 the ones that show up as yellow does that mean that the ports are not connected at full speed?
Yellow means it’s running 10/100 Mbps. This can be due to an issue with the cable like a pin not making contact. A improperly constructed cable. A device with a port only supporting 10/100 which is common with tv’s Ethernet ports.

It means that the port is not operating at its full rated speed (i.e, 10Gbps port with device at less than 10 Gbps, 2.5Gbps port with device at less than 2.5 Gbps, or 1 Gbps port with device at less than 1 Gbps). Usually this is because a slower device has been connected.

It means that the port is not operating at its full rated speed (i.e, 10Gbps port with device at less than 10 Gbps, 2.5Gbps port with device at less than 2.5 Gbps, or 1 Gbps port with device at less than 1 Gbps). Usually this is because a slower device has been connected.
So, when I had a 1Gbps connection into my 2nd 2.5Gbps connection, it still showed green. This was on my GT-AX6000.

Yeah, my reply was to @visortgw's comment about a slower speed being connected would show as yellow. That's not the case all the time.
When I hover over the ones that are yellow they show the speed that they are connected at. Like I have my s33 modem hooked up to a 10g port on my AXE16000. I have that port set as the wan port. So on the network map page it shows it as yellow but when I hover over the icon it shows its connected at 2.5g which is correct speed. Cause the S33 has 2.5g port. So I don't understand why they have it saying something wrong.

When I hover over the ones that are yellow they show the speed that they are connected at. Like I have my s33 modem hooked up to a 10g port on my AXE16000. I have that port set as the wan port. So on the network map page it shows it as yellow but when I hover over the icon it shows its connected at 2.5g which is correct speed. Cause the S33 has 2.5g port. So I don't understand why they have it saying something wrong.
Correct. Yellow, in general, means connected speed is less than router port max speed.

Question: If your modem port is "only" 2.5 Gbps, why don't you connect it directly to the GT-AXE16000 2.5 Gbps WAN port (default) as opposed to reconfiguring one of the 10 Gbps ports (which, of course, will only connect at 2.5 Gbps)?

So, when I had a 1Gbps connection into my 2nd 2.5Gbps connection, it still showed green.

Confirmed:

1679021245132.png

2.5GbE as WAN port with Gigabit connection, RT-AX86U.

When I enter my key and try to save it, I see a message that settings are being applied, with an increasing percentage (steps of 10%). When it reaches 100% the Pre-Shared Key field is emptied.

When I try to connect from an iPhone/iPad anyway, they stall on “Connecting…”

The same settings used to work fine with my AC86U using the 386.x firmware.

What can I do to (help) debug/fix this?
Works for me. I configured IPSEC on a GT-AX6000 running 388.2 alpha, entered a pre-shared key, added a user, then I configured the connection on my Samsung tablet. It connected without any problem. Try configuring it with a different browser.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.