What's new

4G+ Coverage Info Help? What speeds can I expect (Map)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Serious question. What speeds can I expect?

• Under 200mbps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Under 300mbps

• Over 300mbps

• Total voters

YoureAWizardMerlin

Occasional Visitor
My carrier (DNA) has an unlimited, "as fast as possible" plan for 4G+ in Finland. Normally the max speed of any carrier is rated as (up to 300Mbits). With some tests on this particular (as fast as possible) plan on DNA network showing up to 540Mbits.

Going off this map. What would be the max speeds I could expect on 4G+?

My house is the little red pin below. You can check the towers and specific data at this link here. Just remember where I am! :)

You can use this calculator to determine the speed. But I don't know how to use it :(

j14k5SQ.png

The router I will be getting will be the Netgear Nighthawk (MR1100-EU) Gigabit 4G+ router.

Specs:

• Carrier Unlocked
  • Qualcomm MDM9x50 Circuit
  • LTE CAT16 download rate up to 1000 Mbps, upload rate 150 Mbps
  • LTE CAT 16, 4-band CA and 4x4 MIMO
  • Up to 4X Carrier Aggregation
  • LTE / 4GX 700/800/900/1800/2100/2600 MHz
  • 3G 850/900/1900/2100 MHz (Note that it does not work on 2G / EDGE / GPRS / GSM networks)
  • WiFi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz; WiFi 802.11 a/n/ac 5GHz
  • Connections: USB Type A port, USB Type C port and Ethernet port
  • Built-in antenna and interface for external antenna (2 x TS9 connector)

The max speed I'd really be happy with, would be 300Mbits. I'd be really happy with that. Obviously more is better. DNA seems to be the only carrier that has an antenna running on BAND 1. The rest are only Band 3, 7 and 20. I checked Telia and Elisa but they had less bands available and also less coverage.

Note that I am next to another antenna tower, with just bands 3 and 20.

I'm not sure how accurate this map is at all. But what do you guys think my speeds would look like? Could it be possible to get the full 4G 4CA in my area, or is that a pipe dream? I think I'd still be pretty happy if I could get 4G 3CA

Please let me know what you think!

If it seems good I am happy to come back here and post a review and speed-test showing my results! But first I want to know if I'm SOoL where I live :D!

P.S. Assuming I need an antenna to plug into one of the 2 ports. Would it make any difference really because the 2 external antennas can't take advantage of 4x4 MIMO.

Last edited:
I thought I would post the other 2 options.

Option 2 - Telia. I seem to be in the middle of their Band 3 and 7. They offer a max speed of 300mbps for 30 euro per month. Would this be a better choice? Or given the above with DNA, could I still get better on the unlimited DNA plan?

tJLpsft.png

Option 3 - Elisa. They offer a max speed of 600mbps for 45 euro per month (or 300mbps for 30 euro). This one is funny because I seem to be in an area that has NO coverage (all the bands miss my place!). I have Elisa for my phone and only on a 50mbps plan and I get 4G+ connection in my whole house. However it's capped at 50mbps (I get all 50mbps) so I cannot be sure really how fast it could get.

81i6cTx.png

Really no one has any info?

Not a common request... With LTE - really depends on what the carrier is willing to offer as part of their rateplan, and the quality of the device at your end.

Here in the US - LTE is pretty much everywhere, but bandwidth is limited and costly compared to other regions - which makes it problematic for many in rural areas, and even not so rural areas if there's no cable/DSL availability - which is more of a business and political issue here in the US - not a technology concern.

Also to note...LTE is a shared service. So one day it may work at 75Mbps, while the next day it only gets to 10Mbps. All depends on the overall traffic load that specific node is servicing.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!