1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

AC-3200 Slow WAN after 384.13_6 update

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Kamsung, Apr 9, 2020.

  1. Kamsung

    Kamsung Occasional Visitor

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2020
    Messages:
    10
    Hi.
    Great firmware. I'll keep it short and sweet.
    I've got fibre 900mb up and down. Updated to the latest firmware last night now it won't go beyond 320mb up and down. Downgraded firmware and same thing. Tried router that I got with provider that gives me full speed again.
    Any suggestions? I saw someone else with a similar issue. Followed guide for hardware acceleration which hasn't made a difference. Any suggestions?

    Thanks
     
  2. GHammer

    GHammer Senior Member

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2015
    Messages:
    265
    Set the WiFi channels manually.
    Auto results in slow speeds.
     
  3. Kamsung

    Kamsung Occasional Visitor

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2020
    Messages:
    10
    Tried it. Still same bud. I was talking about a wired gigabit connection though to any device.
     
  4. L&LD

    L&LD Part of the Furniture

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2013
    Messages:
    12,598
    Do a full reset on the router to factory defaults/Initialize all settings box checked.

    Do a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP.

    See the M&M Config and the Nuclear Reset guides for further details in the link in my signature below. :)
     
  5. Kamsung

    Kamsung Occasional Visitor

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2020
    Messages:
    10
    Thanks for the response guys.
    I downgraded back to the August build which was further back than I did last time which worked. Then upgraded to latest version. All working fine now.
    Thanks for the reply guys!