What's new

AC5300 Repeater mode missing?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Blake Smith

New Around Here
I use to use the RT-AC68 and it had a repeater mode. But just received the AC5300 and the mode is missing.
Is this not supported by this router? Been wanting to use Roaming Assist because the house I am in has really thick wood walls and need a repeater. Thought that 1 AC5300 Router and 1 AC5300 in repeater mode would fix this.

Please Help :)

Thought that 1 AC5300 Router and 1 AC5300 in repeater mode would fix this.

Spending a $1000-800 isn't wise... for what you propose - these devices aren't intended for that kind of application.

Could probably get a better solution with a couple of AC68U's and a set of home plugs - seriously... and have beer money to spare...

well the money was not a problem because I bought them on amazon with my American Express points. If I need to buy a repeater is the RP-AC68 good or is there better ones?

well the money was not a problem because I bought them on amazon with my American Express points. If I need to buy a repeater is the RP-AC68 good or is there better ones?

As mentioned above, get yourself a couple of routers that support AP mode, or, (SNB re-purpose router).
If you still have your AC68, set it up as an Access Point, with Ethernet, and, or, using powerline plugs, and off you go. Stay away from the new stuff, for now.. I'll you send my address, so that we can share in that beer! ;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!