What's new

AC66U - 3 leds - bricked?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

smagus

Occasional Visitor
Hi

I have an issue with my AC66U - during startup LAN1, LAN2 and WAN LEDs are still powered on, and stays like this all the time, After some time 5G interface brings up, and that's the only way I can access router. It's not possible using LAN/2,4G - they do not work. I can access router via GUI and telnet. Reflashing firmware doesn't help here. I cleared also NVRAM using telnet but still no joy.

any ideas appreciated.

thanks!

Attachments

• 20170324_205425666_iOS.jpg
    20170324_205425666_iOS.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 278
A couple of things to try.

Do a factory default reset through the router's web interface rather than telnet.

The lights on LAN ports 1 and 2 indicate that both those ports have an active device plugged into them. Is that correct? Unplug all LAN devices apart from your PC and use port 3 or 4 instead. Use a different cable. Just in case there's a faulty socket/cable.

A couple of things to try.

Do a factory default reset through the router's web interface rather than telnet.

The lights on LAN ports 1 and 2 indicate that both those ports have an active device plugged into them. Is that correct? Unplug all LAN devices apart from your PC and use port 3 or 4 instead. Use a different cable. Just in case there's a faulty socket/cable.

no devices are connected to the router - just power :) flash via GUI does not help here, I tried even to load one more time CFE, but still no luck

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!