What's new

AI-Mesh network, how best to change mode of primary node.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JTT

New Around Here
Hi,

I'm changing ISP, to a FTTH service, that enables me to use my Asus Router as the primary router (rather than ISP provided router).

My current config is:- ISP Router(wireless disabled) > Asus AX92 (Ai-Mesh) in AP Mode > 3 further Ai-Mesh nodes (all ethernet backhaul)

I will need to change the primary AX92 from AP mode to Router mode.

What's the cleanest / best way to do this please? I assume it will automatically make any changes to the 3 other downstream Ai-Mesh nodes? Is it as easy as logging onto the primary node and changing its mode?

Hope clear, thank you.

Welcome to the forums @JTT.

Full reset. Minimal and manual configuration.

OK thanks, just so I'm clear. Basically wipe/reset the primary node and start from new? How do you do that? / rather than go into the admin console and change the mode from AP to router mode?

Then add the AIMesh nodes back in?
thx

ok thx, so when i reset the primary node, what happens to the Ai-mesh nodes? do they get reset automatically, anything I need to do to them once the primary is reset to be the router? thx

Please read the links I've posted.

Hi,

I'm changing ISP, to a FTTH service, that enables me to use my Asus Router as the primary router (rather than ISP provided router).

My current config is:- ISP Router(wireless disabled) > Asus AX92 (Ai-Mesh) in AP Mode > 3 further Ai-Mesh nodes (all ethernet backhaul)

I will need to change the primary AX92 from AP mode to Router mode.

What's the cleanest / best way to do this please? I assume it will automatically make any changes to the 3 other downstream Ai-Mesh nodes? Is it as easy as logging onto the primary node and changing its mode?

Hope clear, thank you.

You should build/commission your new network from scratch...

Remove the nodes from the AiMesh webUI; this will reset their firmware. Hard Reset the router firmware and configure it from scratch.

FW Reset FAQ

Reset button/webUI Restore/node removal - clears settings in NVRAM; reboot restores fw defaults from CFE

Hard Reset via WPS button/webUI Restore+Initialize - also clears data logged in /jffs partition

OE