What's new

AI Mesh wireless mode or Repeater Mode?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Henk-J

Occasional Visitor
I have a Central AX82U,
a RT-AX58u
and another AX82U
No option for a wired backbone.
Need to improve coverage.

DO I set thind up in AI Mesh mode?
or use the 2 devices in Wireless Repeater mode?

I have a Central AX82U,
a RT-AX58u
and another AX82U
No option for a wired backbone.
Need to improve coverage.

DO I set thind up in AI Mesh mode?
or use the 2 devices in Wireless Repeater mode?

I would try AiMesh... wireless nodes are similar to wireless repeaters.

What is the # of levels and sq ft of a level area of coverage? You don't want too much WiFi or else you will interfere with your own network.

Adding a node to a central router offsets the area of coverage... you might need to shift the layout depending on the number of APs and layout required.

I would add the AX82U node to the AX82U router and see if that provides enough coverage. Target 40-80 feet apart depending on building construction and backhaul path/obstacles.

For a clean install, install current ASUSWRT firmware, then Hard Reset the firmware to its default settings, configure the router from scratch, and search/add the reset AiMesh node from within the router webUI.

Reset FAQ
Reset button/webUI Restore/node removal - clears settings in NVRAM; reboot restores fw defaults from CFE (fw defaults)
Hard Reset via WPS button/webUI Restore+Initialize - also clears data logged in /jffs partition (fw defaults+clear logs)

My install notes may help.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!