What's new

Aimesh ghz5-1 160mhz as backbone vs ghz5-2 Backhaul?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rtm

Occasional Visitor
Currentl setup.

1x GT ax11000 as main 2x XT12 as nodes

using 5ghz-2 as dedicated Backhaul Mode

In the 5ghz-1 wireless setting there is option to select 160MHZ only. in the 5ghz-2 settings there is no 160mhz in the settings.

Are there any benefits if I change the 5ghz-1 to 160mhz only and use it for aimesh dedicated backhaul for the 2x xt12?

I can use 5gh-2 20/40/80mhz for all my other wifi clients.

any suggestion or advise? thanks.

If your explanation is accurate then I'd say it'd be a good idea to try swapping the backhaul to 5-1 instead, if it'll run unhindered at 160 MHz. You know you can un-hide the backhaul SSID and also make use of it discreetly with clients, right?

Reactions: rtm
If your explanation is accurate then I'd say it'd be a good idea to try swapping the backhaul to 5-1 instead, if it'll run unhindered at 160 MHz. You know you can un-hide the backhaul SSID and also make use of it discreetly with clients, right?
Cool I will give it a try when I reset the network with a new setup. So far there is not many clients that use the 160mhz right? Even the iPhone is running around 80mhz isn’t it?

If you can establish and maintain 160 MHz for your backhaul, it may be the best way to run it short of using ethernet. I think if you're right on the lower edge of being able to do it you might be actually losing out by forcing it. Have to test 'n see.

Reactions: rtm
on the ax11000 and xt2 there is no option to select the 5GHZ-1 as backhaul. looks like it can only use 5ghz-2 as backhaul but that 5ghz-2 wifi can't select 160mhz :(

They neither do UNII-4?
UNII-4 is 160mhz? if so then the ax11000 supports it on the first 5ghz-1 wifi in that wifi setting 160mhz can be selected. but on the 5ghz-2 in the wifi setting only 20/40/80mhz can be selected.

and there is no option to use 5ghz-1 as backhaul it seems.

UNII-4 is several channels higher up in 5 GHz that were opened for use relatively recently. My XT8s will do them to make a second-available 160 higher up.

UNII-4 is several channels higher up in 5 GHz that were opened for use relatively recently. My XT8s will do them to make a second-available 160 higher up.
just checked the AX11000 5GHz-2 isn't UNII-4 so no 160mhz support.

Just installed AXE16000 and the 5GHZ-2 does support 160mhz. Currently running the 160mhz 5GH-2 on. xt12. so far so good it seems.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!