1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Any known issues regarding AC2900/RT-AC86U 2.4 GHz radio malfunction?

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by othersteve, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Trav06

Trav06 New Around Here

I've been having these issues with my RT-AC3200 running the latest Merlin firmware. I tried some of the fixes suggested here and will see if they help. One fix I haven't seen mentioned on this thread that I've read elsewhere is to put all 2.4ghz devices on a guest network. Has anyone tried that?

2. niXta

niXta Occasional Visitor

Yes, I believe that it worked for me. I just didn't wanna run it like that forever.

3. othersteve

othersteve Occasional Visitor

So, just curious: has anyone been running any of the newer firmware versions (with lots of 2.4 GHz stations/clients) without issues? This has to be fixed by now, right?

Should I just remain on 384.3 for eternity? ;-D

4. Sparhawk

Sparhawk New Around Here

I also had issues with my RT-AC86U, after about three months of working without issues (AP mode) it stopped sending DHCP to 2.4GHz clients so they wouldn't connect correctly unless they had a static IP. Ended up sending it in for RMA and they sent back a new/refurbished unit. All working for me now again.
    For reference I tried multiple Merlin builds, and stock firmware with the same results.
    Might be a hardware problem for some of your issues.