What's new

ASUS AC86U SpeedTest

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Al202

New Around Here
I recently upgraded my internet service to 400Mbps and when I run a SpeedTest from the router (ASUS AC86U/Adaptive QOS/Internet Speed) the maximum download speed is in the area of 160Mbps and the upload speed is at the expected 20Mbps. However, when I run a SpeedTest from any of my computers the download speed exceeds 400Mbps and the upload speed remains consistent at 20Mbps.

All of the computers tested had a wire connection.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Al

Last edited:
Here's a test a few minutes apart:

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 8.29.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 8.29.38 PM.png

I can reach 479 Mbps down using the Asus speedtest on my AC86U. It is possible.

I can reach 479 Mbps down using the Asus speedtest on my AC86U. It is possible.
I agree, I'm sure its possible I just don't understand why I'm see what I'm seeing. I even wiped the configurations clean and only included a single computer and nothing changed. :confused:

However, when I run a SpeedTest from any of my computers the download speed exceeds 400Mbps and the upload speed remains consistent at 20Mbps.

What's the issue? Your devices are reaching the advertised ISP speed anyway. :rolleyes:

I had that happen at times on a my Netgear CAX80 Modem/Router with the Ookla page, probably just an app issue on the router. I would just ignore it, as clients have no issues.