What's new

Asus AC87U wireless clients showing as wired

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

glycerin256

New Around Here
Greetings,

I just picked up anAC87u and am having a few issues. I'm upgrading from a AC68u. There are quite a few wireless clients connected through it, but some of them are showing up as wired in the connected client list on the home page. How could this be? There is only one device directly connected on a LAN port, and that is a Netgear GS716T with computers, a printer, and some utility type stuff on it. The router is connected directly to the wall for a Google Fiber connection (no fiber modem in use), if that matters.

Can someone please explain the phenomena, or help me fix it please?

Thanks!

Greetings,

I just picked up anAC87u and am having a few issues. I'm upgrading from a AC68u. There are quite a few wireless clients connected through it, but some of them are showing up as wired in the connected client list on the home page. How could this be? There is only one device directly connected on a LAN port, and that is a Netgear GS716T with computers, a printer, and some utility type stuff on it. The router is connected directly to the wall for a Google Fiber connection (no fiber modem in use), if that matters.

Can someone please explain the phenomena, or help me fix it please?

Thanks!

I have this with mine but it's configured as an wired Access Point. All clients connected to it show as wired but the ones connected to the router show as wireless. I think I read somewhere that in my configuration that's how it is....