What's new

Asus axe16000 settings question and aimesh extender recommendation needed.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GabrielPhoto

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys!
Anyone has some recommendations for setting up the different bands, channels etc? I just got this router and it has so many options...

Also, I have my main router, the Asus AXE16000 in my office and then in my basement I have an Asus AX11000 (non pro) connected to an ethernet cable to the AXE16000 to enhance coverage in some spotty areas.
It works great but I was wondering if I could use a lesser router for that purpose instead of the ax11000.
What you guys think?

Thanks!

With Ethernet available I think you wasted your money purchasing two overpriced multi-radio routers. If Asus is your hardware vendor choice you could easily go with 2x identical GT-AX6000 routers for less and with the same end results. They are better match for wired AiMesh as well.

With Ethernet available I think you wasted your money purchasing two overpriced multi-radio routers. If Asus is your hardware vendor choice you could easily go with 2x identical GT-AX6000 routers for less and with the same end results. They are better match for wired AiMesh as well.
Except I need at least 5Gb ports but I am glad you are so quick to jump to conclusions.
If this is how this forum roles, I will look somewhere else.
IGNORED

Good luck with 5GbE ports in a AIO router with similar to Raspberry Pi hardware inside. If you need 5GbE internal network you need a fast switch and not an overpriced gaming spider with RGB lights and one unusable 6E band. This is how the reality in networking works. Sorry if not what you wanted to hear.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!