What's new

GT-AX11000 PRO or GT-AXE16000?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GT-AX11000 PRO or GT-AXE16000?

• GT-AX11000 PRO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

decedion

Occasional Visitor
I want to use my current RT-AX89X as an AIMesh repeater and I am hesitating between the GT-AX11000 PRO or GT-AXE16000 as the main router.
The differences that interest me are:
  1. RAM memory (AXE16000 has 1 GB more). My intention is to install pixelserv-tls, amtm and Diversion to start with. I guess having 1 GB more RAM will help the router run smoother, right?
  2. Number of WIFI bands (AXE16000 is quad band). This way I could use one of 5GHz to use exclusively for the AIMesh node, leaving 3 free for the rest of the devices.
The downside is the price, the AXE16000 is significantly more expensive.

1) pixelserve-tls Is not recommended today. It will be fully removed in the next Diversion update.

I would not be buying any of the WiFi 6E routers today, with WiFi 7 so close.

1) pixelserve-tls Is not recommended today. It will be fully removed in the next Diversion update.

ah! I didn't know it. So, what is the recommended app to filter web advertising?

I am a heavy user of P2P (Bittorrent), added to what I want to install on the router, won't 1 GB of RAM be low?

Of course 1GB of RAM is low. But it works well right now.