What's new

ASUS GT-AX6000 constant blinking red light

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Spartan

So I added around 64 firewall blocking rules that are the Microsoft Telemetry address, hit apply, then the router disconnected my laptop as if it was rebooting. When it rebooted, I saw the connection come back on for 2-3 seconds then the router reboots again. I tried the 30-30-30 restore metho but no luck, the Red blinking light on the router is just blinking forever.

What to do?

Asus doesn’t use that method.

Why do you need 64 rules? The router probably uses dns.msftncsi.com to determine WAN connectivity.
Life saver!! that worked!!!!

What's the reset button at the back for then if the WPS button is what's used to reset the router?
Why would me adding Microsoft Telemetry addresses to the firewall blocking list brick the router and cause it to go to an endless rebooting loop, it wouldn't detect my LAN connection and the moment I connect to WiFi, it would connect for 3 seconds then reboot so I wasn't able to access the configuration page.

So I added around 64 firewall blocking rules that are the Microsoft Telemetry address

Use Diversion instead. Blocklists are available for this purpose alone. Look here.

What's the reset button at the back for then if the WPS button is what's used to reset the router?

You can do reset in 3 different ways. It's part of Asus experience and they have provided options. :)

Use Diversion instead. Blocklists are available for this purpose alone. Look here.

You can do reset in 3 different ways. It's part of Asus experience and they have provided options. :)
Where do I enter those IP addresses in those lists for the diversion feature? Or is that just a HOSTS file for the computer?

Diversion is a DNS-blocker script available for Asuswrt-Merlin firmware. If you need an IP-blocker - it's a script called Skynet. Both use blocklists. Windows telemetry blocklists are available and you don't need to enter URLs/IPs manually. Also, you don't need to apply to the entire network something valid for few Windows PCs you have. See this as alternative option, it works very well and is easy to use:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!