What's new

Asus Mesh Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kali

New Around Here
I currently have the GT=AC5300 as the primary router and a AC86U as a mesh node. I noticed that the 2.4 Ghz band on the 86U has been off and on recently (and i have read the post regarding this issue). There was some suggestions on trying to stabilize the 2.4Ghz in settings, so in order to try those out, i need to get into the firmware settings of the 86U, but everytime i type in the IP that the GT-5300 assigned the 86U it defaults to the login of the 5300. My question is, if i make changes to the 2.4 Ghz settings in the 5300, are they updated in the 86U settings....im leaning to No, but i dont know that much about how the mesh handles a nodes configuration if the main router config changes
thanks
Kevin

I currently have the GT=AC5300 as the primary router and a AC86U as a mesh node. I noticed that the 2.4 Ghz band on the 86U has been off and on recently (and i have read the post regarding this issue). There was some suggestions on trying to stabilize the 2.4Ghz in settings, so in order to try those out, i need to get into the firmware settings of the 86U, but everytime i type in the IP that the GT-5300 assigned the 86U it defaults to the login of the 5300. My question is, if i make changes to the 2.4 Ghz settings in the 5300, are they updated in the 86U settings....im leaning to No, but i dont know that much about how the mesh handles a nodes configuration if the main router config changes
thanks
Kevin

Normal operation is for the WiFi signals to stay on steady. Use a WiFi Analyzer to observe this... you'll see two WLANs broadcasting from the router and two from the node.

If it feels like a node signal is dropping and staying abnormally OFF, or if you have never reset the node firmware, I would do the following from the router webUI:
o upload the firmware to the node again;
o remove the node from the AiMesh to reset it to factory defaults;
o search for and add the node back to the AiMesh.

If the node WiFi continues to be erratic, you might similarly rebuild the entire network... install firmware, reset firmware, configure the router from scratch, and add the node. Beyond that, it may be defective hardware.

Aimesh intends for you to only administrate the router/root node; AiMesh will manage the remote nodes.

OE

thanks
Kevin
Access node(no GUI).
Tool: PuTTY.
1. Enable SSH on you router.
Administration>System> SSH (port 22)>Apply.
2. Type IP address of your Node(eg. 192.168.1.xxx).
Do not type IP address of your main router. Because you are working for your Node.
3. Connection type: SSH(default)
4. Click 'Open'.
5. Login: use your Main Router admin ID
6. Password: use your Main Router admin Password
7. Now you are logged into your node. You can check your node with some commends.
If you done?
Go to Administration>System>Disable SSH> Apply.
Don't forget Disable SSH.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!