What's new

Asus RT-AC3200 and iOS wifi flakey

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BrettvG

New Around Here
My family has terrible experience on iOS devices (all) with wifi dropout and freezes. All other devices (Android, Windows, Fire TV, various iOT etc. all seem fine. Asus Tech Support suggested doing:

nvram set wl1_reg_mode=h

However I've seen in separate thread that this won't do anything as firmware ignores this. Does anybody have any advice on how to resolve the poor experience on iOS devices? I'm using latest Merlin firmware.

My family has terrible experience on iOS devices (all) with wifi dropout and freezes. All other devices (Android, Windows, Fire TV, various iOT etc. all seem fine. Asus Tech Support suggested doing:

nvram set wl1_reg_mode=h

However I've seen in separate thread that this won't do anything as firmware ignores this. Does anybody have any advice on how to resolve the poor experience on iOS devices? I'm using latest Merlin firmware.

I have the latest Merlin firmware and an Apple i7 plus. After installing ios 11 I noticed that downloading app updates while on wifi was slow. Yesterday I installed ios 11.1 on my phone and the app updates I had were fast again. I never had the dropouts or freezes but it was slower before this new ios version. I hope it corrected the problem.