Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Asus RT-AC3200 Dual WAN Load Balancing + Rules + Failover

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by DolbyAtmos, Jan 11, 2017.

1. DolbyAtmos

DolbyAtmos New Around Here

Hey guys 'n' gals,

I have an Asus RT-AC3200 router and two VDSL lines with their own modem/routers.
    I want to manually assign the different VDSL Lines ( let's call them VDSL1 + VDSL2 ) to the various network devices/PCs.
    I want Load Balancing with Routing tables in other words.

I have configured it as follows:

Dual WAN Mode: Load Balancing
    Ratio: 1 to 9 ( want to offload most devices to the VDSL2 line and keep the VDSL1 to the "core" devices )

I have configured the routing tables ( 28 entries ) to assign the desired VDSL line to each device via IP.

My problem is that whenever one of the two VDSL lines malfunctions, the devices assigned to it doesn't "failback" to the only available line.

Any ideas on how to fix this ?

Running the latest official firmware from Asus.

2. DolbyAtmos

DolbyAtmos New Around Here

Anyone ?

3. ManuCH

ManuCH Occasional Visitor

I have the same issue. Somehow the feature you and I are looking for does not exist.

In other words: load balancing does not do failover. It only does load balancing.