What's new

Asus RT-AC5300 & Wireless Printer Problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gavin

New Around Here
I've searched around and cannot find any info on this.

I have a Canon MX922 printer running the latest firmware connected to the network via wifi. It was working fine with my prior router Cisco/Linksys E3000 with both stock and ddwrt firmware.

When I switched to the Asus RT-AC5300, the printer can associate to the router, and I can ping it, but windows will not find the printer, even if manually enter the IP information. I switch back to my old router, everything is fine.

It also works if I connect the printer to the LAN with a cable.

Again, it is not a general connectivity issue because I am constantly pinging it, just when attempting to add the printer from Windows, something is not making it through.

I am seeing this with Windows 7 and 10. Seems to be a problem with the Asus firmware, which has not been resolved in merlin either.

Has anybody else experienced this?

How can I go about getting this addressed?

Thank you in advance for any info or assistance anybody can provide.

I've searched around and cannot find any info on this.

I have a Canon MX922 printer running the latest firmware connected to the network via wifi. It was working fine with my prior router Cisco/Linksys E3000 with both stock and ddwrt firmware.

When I switched to the Asus RT-AC5300, the printer can associate to the router, and I can ping it, but windows will not find the printer, even if manually enter the IP information. I switch back to my old router, everything is fine.

I have the same router and the same issues using the latest firmware. If I roll back to older firmware, everything works. I am currently using ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.3341 and all is stable. I think the current Asus firmware just doesn't work correctly at all.

If you have an iPhone/iPad - can you see the printer via AirPrint?

How about Google Cloud Print, if you're using that, does it show up there?