What's new

Asus RT-AC68U asuswrt-merlin upgrade to 386.3-2 should be aware of OpenVPN missing .ovpn

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xlarge

Regular Contributor
I just upgraded firmware to 386.3-2 from a version back to 2019.
I discovered many new facilities but no warning about OpenVPN. The most important was the missing .ovpn files. I struggled a lot before I understood what had happen and managed to fix it, but it was also rare that after uploading the .ovpn file I got no accept, only an empty field. This should be fixed in next version. The VPN client state was also set to NO.

There is nothing to fix, as the firmware does not keep the uploaded ovpn file, it imports it.

In earlier versions I (I could be wrong) there was no need for re-import the .ovpn file after upgrading. But I hope you agree in that it would be better if newer versions would to so.

In earlier versions I (I could be wrong) there was no need for re-import the .ovpn file after upgrading
There's no need to. As I said, the router does not keep the ovpn file after importing it, so that field will always be empty once the file is imported.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!