What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.306

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ASUS RT-AC68R Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.306
Added
1. Added import CA file and manual edit option in OpenVPN client
2. Added option for tls-auth in OpenVPN server

Fixed
1. Fixed OpenVPN server *.ovpn file exporting issue while changed the protocol to TCP.
2. Fixed PPTP VPN client related issues.
3. Applied memory leak patch in media server. Special thanks for Paulo C. contribution.
4. Improved the 2.4GHz wireless throughput.
5. Improved the samba throughput while IPv6 enabled.

Asus has excellent hw support for its products, and this is the main reason I buy AC68U. My desktop motherboard is 2 years old, and it still has new windows 8.1 drivers list there.

Asus has excellent hw support for its products, and this is the main reason I buy AC68U. My desktop motherboard is 2 years old, and it still has new windows 8.1 drivers list there.

I also own other Asus products, including the AC68U and AC66U, and continue to be satisfied with their support. Just like any other cutting edge product, the AC68U will experience some bugs out the box. I'm confident Asus will make good and fix these issues as best and as quickly as they can.

anyone get it downloaded? I'm getting download failed on all links for all OS options.
I am also unable to download 374.306. I get a 404 HTTP error message stating the web page cannot be found when I click on any download link for that file. Bummer dude.

AC56U owners need a similar version too - .291 just does not cut it.

With all my due respect to ASUS, what was the point of releasing OpenVPN client support in .291 if it does not work? That's a major feature!

SOME products. They were terrible with their flagship TF201.

Hi All,

Sorry for the tease on the website, but this firmware will be up by tomorrow. For those with RT-AC56U, a similar version will be available soon.

Hi All,

Sorry for the tease on the website, but this firmware will be up by tomorrow. For those with RT-AC56U, a similar version will be available soon.

Why do this to us? It just doesn't make any sense to release it on the website but not uploading it to its download location. Really disappointing ASUS

Hi All,

Thank you! My 2.4GHz performance is awful. The max speed reported by inSSIDer is 216 Mbps. I actually have to use the 5GHz band for web surfing. As a matter of fact, I was going to go back to my venerable RT-AC66U today until you guys could figure this out. I guess I will wait a couple of more days. I actually got out my AC66U, hooked it up to my laptop, brought up the GUI and went through the settings on my AC68U one-by-one using my desktop making sure they were all an exact match.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online