What's new

Asus RT-AC68U performance in 2.4ghz improved?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jabes

New Around Here
If it weren't for the fact I had read that the Asus has poor performance (compared with the R7000 for example), in 2.4Ghz I would have bought it by now. The fact that it has good firmware support, and especially the RMerlin firmware is attractive.

But I have quite a few 2.4Ghz devices around the house and the performance here is important to me as well as the advanced features.

Any comments? Have there been improvements here in later firmwares which the reviews have not picked up on?

Best wishes
James

It was the '68 I was thinking of... but I could just go for the more well proven 66... I think the 68 is better at 5Ghz range wise - even for 'n' clients?

Probably like most networks I have a mix of clients and struggle with range

If you're not in a hurry to be on the bleeding edge of things, you might even consider the very mature and highly rated RT-N66U - save some money and wait for a year for the real AC products to be released :D