What's new

Asus rt-ac87u power button flashing after flashing merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Puregrice

New Around Here
I flashed Merlin Tonite on my router. I did make sure it was the correct version, well reviewed etc... The update went well the I manually reset the router as per the instructions. It then began to only blink the power light and the web activity light on and off . When I try to plug in Ethernet cable directly it just shows no connection. None of the WiFi signals are showing. I tried to do the factory reset by holding the wfs button for ten seconds and then unplug the power and plug it back in afterwards and the same activity of only those two lights remains. Any thoughts on what I'm missing or where I went wrong? Thanks for the help

Might be a failed flash. Plug a computer to LAN ports 2-4 (i.e. NOT port 1), then try using Asus' Firmware Recovery tool to reflash while in Recovery Mode.

Thank you for the response. I went and found the firmware from Asus, Ran the upload and rebooted the router. It's no longer flashing in recovery mode however I'm unable to access it when I'm plugged in to the router via Ethernet cable. Also none of the WiFi networks are showing up. I tried reflashing again with a different version of the Asus firmware and it was the same result. Thoughts?

Do a complete power cycle to reset the router, and restore its settings to factory default values.