What's new

Asus RT-AX86U Pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

airlung

Regular Contributor
I just recently brought a RT-AX86U Pro. I also have a ax86u (not Pro Version) and under the wifi profressional settings, there are two options “ 802.11 ax/ac Beamforming“ and ” Universal Beamforming“ ( I belive all asus have the two beamforming option aviable) But In the “Pro”version, those two options are gone in the 5GHz Band. Thay are avivble in the 2.4GHz band but not in the 5Ghz…Is there a reason for that? Thx
IMG_0494.png

How did you set up the RT-AX86U Pro? Did you use a saved backup config file from the other router?

After flashing the firmware you wanted to use, did you do a full reset to factory defaults? What firmware are you using?

Did you reboot the router? Did you reboot the client device you're using to access the router? Did you clear the browser cache, use another browser or use the browser in InPrivate/incognito mode?

There was another post here in the last week that said the same thing. Anyone else with an 86u Pro that can check and validate if this is normal behavior? OP, what firmware version are you on?

Side note: There are a few models that now mention "Range Boost Plus" and this is one of them, wonder if the missing settings have something to do with that.

Last edited:
All firmware are the latest and had done a hard factory reset. Contacted Asus support and they have no answers for it (as usual). The beam forming option is only gone for the 5Ghz band and are still there for the 2.4GHz. This is strange😓😓

New AX86U Pro here and updated to Firmware version : 3.0.0.4.388_23565 and the Beamforming and Universal Beamforming show under 2.4 GHz but not the 5 GHz settings.

Thx so much for the clarification! But why😅😅
I was looking through my old screenshots of my old settings when I first purchased it back in April. It seems firmware version 3.0.0.4.388 22525 didn’t have beamforming options under the 5ghz Wi-Fi settings either. So it has at least been this way before the current latest update.

I was looking through my old screenshots of my old settings when I first purchased it back in April. It seems firmware version 3.0.0.4.388 22525 didn’t have beamforming options under the 5ghz Wi-Fi settings either. So it has at least been this way before the current latest update.
Thx, and i think this may be a bug… all asus router have this beamforming funtion. Asus CS have no answer for it

Thx, and i think this may be a bug… all asus router have this beamforming funtion. Asus CS have no answer for it
No, not a bug. The professional WIFI settings should not be changed unless you know the consequences. I'm sure the folks at Asus know a bit more about these settings than most of us.

Someone to check on RT-AX88U Pro?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!