What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZenWiFi AX 5G-1 (36 - 64) uses Broadcom 6755 and this chip supports up to 80MHz.
The DFS causes many problems in 5Ghz and the coming WiFi 6E should be the better solution for 160MHz.

Hi, I know 5G-1 doesn't support 160mhz. But can you allow 5G-2 to connect to channels 36-64 and 5G-1 connect to 100-140.

I have plenty of 80mhz gaps on 100-140 for 5G-1. And only one gap for 160mhz which is on 36-64 which is currently not accessible

Or can you enable 80+80 instead?
160mhz problem(4).png

Thanks

Last edited:
Update 2020/08/14
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1twgcnXo_ywSZG2GU67V6Zl_T0RAyiBvb

Change logs:
1. Fix AiMesh page Tx/Rx 0 issue.
2. Add more wifi stability patches.
3. Apply new backhaul optimization mechanism.
4. Apply new client device recognize rules.
ASUSWRT_2020,
Glad to report:
I flashed Firmware to 9.0.0.4_386_39485-ge699ff3 followed by full Factory Reset on my AiMesh Router (RT-AX88U) with 2x AiMesh Nodes (RT-AC86U). I use FW default NVRAM values, except those that are specific to my environment (such as my SSID), all seems good, running for about a day:
  • Very Stable Wifi; I left all Wifi related NVRAM values to default, including Control Channels & bandwidths on “Auto”, (Disclaimer: I have not fully tested 2.4GHz band as I have very little use of this). No Guest WiFi
  • GUI Configuration: AiProtection, Asus DDNS (Let's Encrypt), OpenVPN Server (working with Tunnelblick (macOS Catalina) & OpenVPN Connect (iOS 13.6.1))
  • I really like the new AiMesh Topology GUI that gives me visibility of my AiMesh Network, including where each device is attached to which AiMesh Router / Nodes.
PS: You might want to add the Routers that are supported on this version of Beta (including RT-AX88U) in your first post.
Thank You!

Anyone using this firmware and NOT using the node setup? If yes any advantage over the present GT-AC5300 firmware?

CC

Anyone using this firmware and NOT using the node setup? If yes any advantage over the present GT-AC5300 firmware?

CC

I'm about to try it on my AC86U standalone... while waiting for a new node to arrive.

I see new 86U firmware 3.0.0.4.384.82072 was just released. I'd like to know how ongoing released improvements relate to this RC2 beta firmware... are the just released 82072 fixes in RC2? I assume not, so when does RC2/AiMesh 2.0 get 82072 fixes and so on?

OE

CC
From post #1:)
1. Supports 802.11k/v

Took the plunge with my 86U and 68U node... The webUi is a bit slow, but all works great and AiMesh 2.0 is a bless!

I'm about to try it on my AC86U standalone... while waiting for a new node to arrive.

I see new 86U firmware 3.0.0.4.384.82072 was just released. I'd like to know how ongoing released improvements relate to this RC2 beta firmware... are the just released 82072 fixes in RC2? I assume not, so when does RC2/AiMesh 2.0 get 82072 fixes and so on?

OE

Please let me know your evaluation before the node hookup.

CC

Having had issues for months with clients losing 2.4ghz radio and had set a daily reboot as a workaround.
I did a full reset on my main router (AX88u) & node (AC86u) before installing this firmware and am delighted with the results.
3 days uptime and Airmesh is working flawlessly so thank you I'm really happy with the stability.
This is the first version I have ever tested Stock or Merlin which doesn't have some major wireless issue for my setup.

One minor bug to report, will not accept any text in the DNS server optional field for manually assigned IP addresses.

Quick feedback on 386.39485 with RT-AX92U from a dirty upgrade from 384. The prrevious 386 have non-functioning Internet on mesh node which is fixed.

Noticed that my Apple devices actually roam quicker than before. Seems to be connected to the 5Ghz band more consistently where previously it may got stuck on 2.4Ghz, requiring a manual Wi-Fi toggle to reconnect to 5Ghz.

Didn't verify if 802.11k/v is actually functioning properly on packet scan but things certainly feel smoother.

I do notice that if for any reasons the node is disconnected, it will stuck on using the 2.4Ghz band as backhaul and will not reattempt using the 5Ghz-2 dedicated backhaul until a manual reboot. RSSI of RT-AX92U node to parent is -65dBm on 5Ghz-2. Any ideas?

I was running RC4 for a little while and liked it. The one caveat for me was I use 2 guest networks to separate certain devices so they only have communication with each other and the internet. I discovered on RC3 this was not possible due to the devices on the guest network could not even communicate with each other. This would not work for my setup. This behavior may be normal for factory firmware. I have been running Merlin for so long I don’t remember if this is normal for factory firmware.

I just want to “bump” this question again to see if anyone has an answer. Maybe if someone running this new firmware can verify Guest Network isolating function.

Lost the rebooted amazon speaker around 1600 instead of mid day today but it has reconnected to 5ghz! All other speakers and phone are connected throughout so am beginning to suspect device/distance.

Lost the rebooted amazon speaker around 1600 instead of mid day today but it has reconnected to 5ghz! All other speakers and phone are connected throughout so am beginning to suspect device/distance.

Mine are behaving. Before I have had issues with my dots randomly having no network when on other WiFi routers.

Good afternoon everyone ! I come to report the first problem with Rc2 -4 since I installed it. I checked a kernel error in the log, but I forgot to print the error, after that error the log is no longer showing activity, I cleaned it and then clicked apply, however without success the only entries that appeared were: Aug 17 15:41:56 rc_service: httpd 11499: notify_rc restart_logger
Aug 17 15:41:57 kernel: klogd started: BusyBox v1.25.1 (2020-08-13 18:15:14 CST). And then nothing else.

Have a RT-AC86U on Merlin and 2 RT-AC68Us as nodes. Can I put this AiMesh2.0 just on the nodes and keep Merlin on the router?

Have a RT-AC86U on Merlin and 2 RT-AC68Us as nodes. Can I put this AiMesh2.0 just on the nodes and keep Merlin on the router?

Not much point in doing this with significantly new firmware being beta tested. It would make more sense to go all in or not at all... imo.

OE

Please let me know your evaluation before the node hookup.

CC

Clean install has been uneventful so far.

5.0 guest WLAN app can find but not access wired HDHomerun TV tuner until I enable Intranet access.

OE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!