What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that it will take a fair amount of time, as I have to merge roughly 1 year of code changes on top of my own code. Last time with the 380 -> 382 jump I ended up restarting the project from scratch. I'll need to evaluate things once I get my hands on the GPL (Asus and I are already discussing it, so no need to poke at them about it).

For now, I strongly recommend people test these Asus betas, and help track down any issue so they have them resolved. Make sure you make a backup of your config BEFORE flashing these, so if you decide to go back, you will be able to recover your configuration.

@RMerlin just wanted to ask, if you have to do any rebuilding of code for this jump, could you consider adding the GT version of routers to your firmware builds. I have a GT-AX11000, and though ASUS WRT firmware is good, I like the features and sometime forward thinking of your firmware.

Found a problem with the Ai Mash 2.0. When you try to connect two GT-AC5300s together, it doesn't work. The devices can't find each other

Nice update. Look fresh but IMO a little slow.
I upgrade from latest factory firmware. Normal fully update devices.

Only things for now.
1. I can't filter /select on a device in webhistory.
2. UI freezes on my android brave and chrome browser. Maybe related to the slow UI.

My setup mainrouter ac88u with one wired Aimesh ac68u.

@RMerlin just wanted to ask, if you have to do any rebuilding of code for this jump, could you consider adding the GT version of routers to your firmware builds. I have a GT-AX11000, and though ASUS WRT firmware is good, I like the features and sometime forward thinking of your firmware.
No, for the same reasons as before. Nothing will have changed in terms of how complexity grows exponentially with each single new model that I have to support. I don't have the time, someone else will have to do it.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

spdmerlin is vastly superior, to be honest.

Very true. No scheduled tests in Asus version by the look of it. Be cool if you could enhance their version long term rather than run a separate one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true. No scheduled tests in Asus version by the look of it. Be cool if you could enhance their version long term rather than run a separate one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
depends if they share the code in the gpl or lock it in one of those binary blobs of theirs.

How does this relate to this topic?

There is a built-in speedtest in the beta firmware.

Does it work? Does it have any bugs to report?

I found that it/Ookla works on the 386 RC2 router but does not work on Win10 new MS Edge... the upload speed falls short on my system. I've suspected Ookla has an issue on my new MS Edge, so it was good to see it report my full nominal ISP speeds on the router.

OE

Last edited:
I notice that this firmware now has pick lists for known DNS Servers. Should Asus include Quad9 DNS servers?

OE

Frankly, this RC should be pulled now since it can't be used to build AiMesh 2.0 for various routers. Leaving it up until 8/31 is not going to help anyone.

OE

Last edited:
Frankly, this RC should be pulled now since it can't be used to build AiMesh 2.0 for various routers.

OE
exactly, AIMesh2.0 not work on this build ;)

@OzarkEdge, no issues here with https://www.speedtest.net on MS Edge Chromium browser (just got updated last night, btw).

Tested on a wired connection on an i7, 16GB Windows 10 v2004 desktop computer.

@OzarkEdge, no issues here with https://www.speedtest.net on MS Edge Chromium browser (just got updated last night, btw).

Tested on a wired connection on an i7, 16GB Windows 10 v2004 desktop computer.

Thanks... could be my Killer NIC. I'll keep an eye on it... will probably fix itself someday... not an issue on Google Chrome on same system.

OE

Frankly, this RC should be pulled now since it can't be used to build AiMesh 2.0 for various routers. Leaving it up until 8/31 is not going to help anyone.

OE

Someone else reported that he has no issue with two RT-AX88U nodes. So, more information will need to be gathered by Asus to determine why it works for some, and fails for others.

So, no reason for the beta to be pulled. It can still be very useful in gathering troubleshooting diagnostic.

Make sure to use the Feedback form on the router, as it will also send troubleshooting data to Asus to help them analyse your setup if you have an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!