What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After resetting my XT8 with 9.0.0.4.386_38936 it did not recognize the second XT8 while setting up in android app 1.0.0.5.61. Trying to add the second XT8 i can never get past the "select devises" screen, however the led indicates that it is being added. After killing the "select devises" screen the second XT8 is/was added anyway.

As we are talking about a beta software, I would also like to say/ask, that the ASUS save settings/current config options, should also save icons that have been assigned, right now it only saves names and not the icons that have been saved to/each those names.

Replaced 384.18 on my AC86U with 9.0.0.4.386_38936-gab07b3f yesterday afternoon. Had no issues until the internet connection was lost. In a panic I went to Asus 384.81930 and all was well. Later in the day I learned that Cloudflare had experienced a DNS server failure. Yes, I had been using 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 for DNS instead of my usual Quad9. So, the failure was not the fault of the firmware! Did a dirty upgrade to 9.0.0.4.386_38936-gab07b3f and all is well (so far...).

Hi

We did reproduce this case

thanks for guys tests

Thanks for the confirmation! That pays for my time and trouble... with my wife when I take our network down for a beta test when she needs it and I'm suppose to be doing a ton of other things... like updating my estate plan. :)

OE

For those unable to wirelessly pair nodes but can do it over ethernet, does the node connect wirelessly (after pairing) if you pull the cable?

For those unable to wirelessly pair nodes but can do it over ethernet, does the node connect wirelessly (after pairing) if you pull the cable?

If you try this, it helps to be observing the node WiFi signals with a signal analyzer app. When my wireless node failed upon adding it, its WiFi stopped broadcasting but its WiFi LEDs remained lit.

OE

I was able to pair wirelessly but after I rebooted the node the only I can connect to the router was with a cable.

I was able to pair wirelessly but after I rebooted the node the only I can connect to the router was with a cable.

Could it be that if you pair wirelessly and wait a minute, the node will stop broadcasting WiFi?

OE

Could it be that if you pair wirelessly and wait a minute, the node will stop broadcasting WiFi?

OE
i'll set everything up from scratch again and check this.

this feature dont seem to work, transmit rate stuck at 0 .Fronthaul Info
upload_2020-7-18_12-32-43.png

i'll set everything up from scratch again and check this.

What a player!

Ignore the WiFi LEDs... look for the signal with a signal analyzer app. If no signal, the router webUI will report the node offline.

Or just forget about it since Asus has found it.

OE

new Aimesh section

Well, given your AC86U router, and wireless Ac1900 node going offline due to the node WiFi signal dropping due to a firmware defect, I'd say that feature reporting 0 Tx and 0 Rx rates... is working.

OE

Well, given your AC86U router, and wireless Ac1900 node going offline due to the node WiFi signal dropping due to a firmware defect, I'd say that feature reporting 0 Tx and 0 Rx rates... is working.

OE

It's the same way on a wired backhaul as well.

Last edited:
It's the same way on a wired backhaul as well.

Your previous post mentions 'fronthaul'. What is it suppose to be measuring... the wired backhaul fixed at 1 Gbps; or the wireless backhaul that should still be present for failover but is presumably not working; or what?

OE

Your previous post mentions 'fronthaul'. What is it suppose to be measuring... the wired backhaul fixed at 1 Gbps; or the wireless backhaul that should still be present for failover but is presumably not working; or what?

OE
that wasn't my post ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!