What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried out the rc2-7 build on the RT-AX58U and also found that it worked pretty OK. I did not run it for weeks and weeks or anything because it doesn't have the @RMerlin features that I depend on. I just kicked the tires for part of a day and the main features I use seemed to work. I did a clean flash.

I tried out the rc2-7 build on the RT-AC88U and couldn't add any of my Lyra's (factory reset first).

Maybe below is right and AC88U has more bugs:
I think you're beta tester number 3, maybe 4, to say they cannot get the system working with an RT AC88U router and beta firmware. I'm back to being convinced there is a device specific bug to that model. The "disable Ethernet backhaul" lured me into a false sense of hope, as that did get me farther down the road towards a working system, but that was only part of the problem.

Hi All,
Update status.

The RT-AC68U 386 rc2 formal firmware RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_386_40558-gc48f410.trx is in process and it will appear on support site tomorrow.
The next formal release model is RT-AX88U.

RT-AX55 update fail
--> The firmware is too big. We will reduce the size in the next build.

Ethernet backhaul and switch problem.
-->It should be a UI bug. Please try the workaround (1) enable the ethernet backhaul model in AiMesh --> system settings (2) set connection priority for each node to Ethernet first.

Hi All,
Update status.

The RT-AC68U 386 rc2 formal firmware RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_386_40558-gc48f410.trx is in process and it will appear on support site tomorrow.

RT-AX55 update fail

-->It should be a UI bug. Please try the workaround (1) enable the ethernet backhaul model in AiMesh --> system settings (2) set connection priority for each node to Ethernet first.
Any ETA for RT-AX86U?

Hi All,
Update status.

RT-AX55 update fail

It is enabling the 'ethernet backhaul mode' that causes the problem. I thought the fix was to disable it and enable 'ethernet first' or '1G WAN first' instead.
Please can you clarify.

Dear AsusWRT_2020,

can you share what is the latest difference in regards to fixes/ changes between the formal new firmware for RT-AC68U and the last rc2-7 (40577) is? Just looking at the number 40558 vs 40577 I am curios, whether from the last rc2-7 for RT-AC68U has been removed?

Thanks, Sebastian

Hi All,
Update status.

I would be afraid to try out the next update. Over a week with ZERO issues. I will let you guys try it out:D

And you call yourself a 'beta tester'. :)

OE

Is this workaround likely to work for the RT-AC66U B1 as node or should I hold fire?

Thanks.

RT-AX55 update fail
Any updates for the RT-AC88U? So far there's 4 (maybe 5) us who have tried this beta firmware with that model, and to my knowledge nobody has a working system when that model is involved.

Anyone getting a blank page on the support site for the RT-AC68U?

Hi All,
Update status.

RT-AX55 update fail

Hi,

Any estimation for the .386 update for AX11000?

Thanks

I meant from the beta and release firmware at the bottom of the page, Manual and Utility Links to blank page.

I understand now... barely. Yes, the Support links to Asus' website at the bottom of the router webUI seem to be broken:

1604701185239.png

OE

I have been running rc7 on Ax86u for past week or so. Everything has been good so far except:
I see a lot of kernel entries in my system log such as: kernel: CONSOLE: 192017.857 tx:prep:802.1x
And many others.

is this normal? Is it because it’s a beta version, hence we can see the kernel stuff on the log or is there something genuinely wrong? All the devices are working fine - no issues.

second, today evening asus app on ios updated to 1.0.0.6.2. After the update, speedtest disappeared from the qos. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app but still cant see it. If i logon to web, i can speedtest under qos. Can anyone share their experience please?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!