What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Openvpn connects and works good for about 5 mins then the slowest speeds ... any idea old firmware versions didn't do this also in merlinwrt has same issue ... i tried with 6 different vpns same result so diffinately not my vpn

AC86U main router, and 2 68U nodes - one wired, one wireless.

I updated the main router first, in order to keep the nodes connected (ease of forcing the upgrade)

Wired node successfully upgraded, and dropped/rejoined.

Wireless node upgraded, dropped, but now won't rejoin. I've tried resets on everything, tried rejoining in different order, etc. No luck.
Anything i can glean from logs to send on?

AC86U main router, and 2 68U nodes - one wired, one wireless.

I updated the main router first, in order to keep the nodes connected (ease of forcing the upgrade)

Wired node successfully upgraded, and dropped/rejoined.

Wireless node upgraded, dropped, but now won't rejoin. I've tried resets on everything, tried rejoining in different order, etc. No luck.
Anything i can glean from logs to send on?

I had a few issues after upgrading my XT8. After just upgrading the firmware the web interface would no longer work. I then did a WPS reset on both routers. I could then configure the router again but my wireless node would never be visible or join. I then used the factory reset button on both. After this I could re-configure the router and it found my wireless node fine. Now everything seems stable.

I had a few issues after upgrading my XT8. After just upgrading the firmware the web interface would no longer work. I then did a WPS reset on both routers. I could then configure the router again but my wireless node would never be visible or join. I then used the factory reset button on both. After this I could re-configure the router and it found my wireless node fine. Now everything seems stable.

Yeah, I've reset each of the 3 units, including WPS resetting the problematic one. No luck at all.

Yeah, I've reset each of the 3 units, including WPS resetting the problematic one. No luck at all.
Have you tried connecting to each and in the admin section doing a factory reset (check the initialize all the settings) . It's a pain resetting all 3 but may help

Have you tried connecting to each and in the admin section doing a factory reset (check the initialize all the settings) . It's a pain resetting all 3 but may help

I tried this with my 2xRT-AC86Us. No joy.

OE

Ended up having to fully revert - my corporate VPN connection was flapping on/off from the second i jumped online.

Reverted the 86U main to merlin 384.18, reset/etc, and my VPN issue was fixed immediately.

I tried adding the problematic node (still on the RC2) after reverting the main, and it failed again. Reverted that node to merlin 384.18, and it added in successfully on first try.

I think I'm in love with this firmware.

My XT8 Cpu usage doesnt hit too much (only 24-27% at core 4) when speedtest for 800Mbps. Before this (firmware 25524), almost 80% for 800Mbps for core 1.

Ram usage for 1 hour testing shows at 55%. rather than at 70%.

Hope Asus can include in the official firmware - fast roaming (802.11r) soon and improve all.

2 x GT-AC5300, failed to find the node via wireless, failed to find the node with an Aruba switch in between via LAN, the only way to find the node is connect directly between both routers via LAN

GT-AC5300 >wireless> GT-AC5300 failed
GT-AC5300 >LAN> GT-AC5300 good
GT-AC5300 >Switch> GT-AC5300 failed

@heidarren (and anyone else), after flashing this firmware, was a full reset done?

With the major changes this offers, I would be surprised if it weren't needed.

Hi There,

Update 2020/07/28

Here we have new 386 rc2 beta for public test(so the old links are removed).
link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wvyQ240bX1m2zoP7fFIetofNyh2zp9CF?usp=sharing

Change log:
1. Fixed GT-AC5300, RT-AX92U, RT-AC86U, RT-AC68U AiMesh on boarding issue.
2. Fixed WPA3 connection issue with iphone 11.
3. Fixed/modified GUI. web history page fix, 2/5G on network map could be configured together.
4. Captcha for login can be disabled in administration -> system.
5. Printer server port can be disabled in USB app page.
6. Add RT-AC3100
7. Fix GT-AC5300 5GHz bandwidth issue

Last edited:
Finally, the new features.. love the new built-in speedtest app.. thx asus

Anyone else seeing IPV6 issues? On my RT-AX88U and the initial RC2 release, I stopped receiving an IPV6 address from my ISP. Reverting to Merlin's 384.19 alpha and IPv6 works again.

So far, with full reset (WPS) and with factory default settings on both Router and Node.
No internet for clients connected with 5 GHz to the Node, but clients connected with 2.4 GHz to the Node has internet.
All clients connected to Router works fine.

Feedback for RC2 using on XT8, new dashboard at fronthaul info, transmit rate and receive rate shows 0 value. How to solve it?

Hi There,

Update 2020/07/28

Here we have new 386 rc2 beta for public test(so the old links are removed).
link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wvyQ240bX1m2zoP7fFIetofNyh2zp9CF?usp=sharing

Change log:
1. Fixed GT-AC5300, RT-AX92U, RT-AC86U, RT-AC68U AiMesh on boarding issue.
2. Fixed WPA3 connection issue with iphone 11.
3. Fixed/modified GUI. web history page fix, 2/5G on network map could be configured together.
4. Captcha for login can be disabled in administration -> system.
5. Printer server port can be disabled in USB app page.
6. Add RT-AC3100
7. Fix GT-AC5300 5GHz bandwidth issue

Sigh - less than a day after my full revert. Of course. :)

Any idea what might have happened on a VPN connection from my earlier chat? Perhaps IPV6 defaults on now?

just updated and wireless aimesh is working on my two AC86U routers. some GUI sections have been refined like the CPU/RAM usage area. my setup is running well for a couple of hours now on a dirty update. the fronthaul area is still not showing any activity whether on wired or wireless backhaul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!