What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the wireless log (RT-AC68U), I see that SNR is 0 for both bands. Not sure why... Is it a bug?

5GHz:
RSSI: 0 dBm SNR: 0 dB noise: -92 dBm Channel: 149/80

2.4 GHz:
RSSI: 0 dBm SNR: 0 dB noise: -88 dBm Channel: 6l

I see RSSI is in the -30dBm to -60dBms for most of the devices and that is good.

I have similar numbers in my AC86U 384_81858 Wireless Log, particularly RSSI 0 and SNR 0.

OE

I have similar numbers in my AC86U 384_81858 Wireless Log, particularly RSSI 0 and SNR 0.
Well, RSSI should not be 0 for sure. I have values in RSSI and not a clue why it's 0 for you.

Well, RSSI should not be 0 for sure. I have values in RSSI and not a clue why it's 0 for you.

I was confirming that I see in my log what you said you see in your log.

RSSI: 0 dBm SNR: 0 dB noise: -80 dBm Channel: 11
RSSI: 0 dBm SNR: 0 dB noise: -86 dBm Channel: 153/80

OE

It's like a soap opera for me.
Automatic channels are selecting 20MHz. Manual channels are using 80MHz and it's all good, speed-wise.
But I have a device that needs to be online. And for some weird reasons it disconnect itself from the network like this:

Jul 20 14:59:00 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(505): eth6: Auth 84:F3:EB:83:9F:B3, status: Successful (0)
Jul 20 14:59:00 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(534): eth6: Assoc 84:F3:EB:83:9F:B3, status: Successful (0)
Jul 20 14:59:35 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(469): eth6: Deauth_ind 84:F3:EB:83:9F:B3, status: 0, reason: Disassociated due to inactivity (4)
Jul 20 14:59:35 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(486): eth6: Disassoc 84:F3:EB:83:9F:B3, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
Jul 20 15:00:06 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(469): eth6: Deauth_ind 84:F3:EB:83:9F:B3, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)

It makes no sense to me!

I've submitted feedback, it's my 4th. I got no automatic reply to my tickets. Hopefully somebody is looking at it.

We received the feedback log.
(1) GT-AC5300 automatically selected 20MHz is a bug and we are looking at it.
(2) For device disconnect issue, please try to disable the Roaming assistant in Wireless -> Professional, and check if it mitigates connection problem

Hi,

I have AiMesh Router (RT-AX88U) and 2 x AiMesh Nodes (RT-AC86U). I normally only run exclusively with Merlin’s Firmware. Reading the posts on this thread so far, made me spend an evening testing the new WiFi 802.11k/v standards and new AiMesh 2.0 function.

(1) I first did Manual dirty Flash of this RC2 Firmware over my Merlin 384.19 2nd Alpha on my RT-AX88U AiMesh Router, then Manually dirty Flash both RT-AC86U AiMesh Nodes.

All seems to be working well based on existing Merlin 384.19 Alpha Configuration and NVRAM settings.

(2) I did factory reset on RT-AX88U AiMesh Router from GUI -> Restore with “Initialized all the settings”. I left almost all NVRAM settings as default after factory reset and reconfigure the AiMesh router
  • I turned ON Wifi 6, except I do not use 160 MHz bandwidth; I want to avoid DFS channels, since I am near large international airport.
  • I turned ON ALL AiProtection features
  • I have DDNS with Let’s Encrypt
  • I have OpenVPN Server
  • I turned off Media Server, Samba, FTP Share (as I have Synology NAS)
  • I do not use QOS
  • I do not use WiFi Guest
All seems to be working well. I have close to 40 devices, including, iPhones, MacBookPros, Synology NAS(s), Epson Ecotank Printer, Android TVBox, etc. All my Wifi devices run on 5GHz band, I hardly have opportunity to use the 2.4GHz Band (so unable to comment on 2.4GHz performance).

I like the new AiMesh Tab that provides more useful information now. Thank you.

We received the feedback log.
(1) GT-AC5300 automatically selected 20MHz is a bug and we are looking at it.
(2) For device disconnect issue, please try to disable the Roaming assistant in Wireless -> Professional, and check if it mitigates connection problem

Thanks for paying attention!
Since the device gets disconnected it's 2.4 only, it's a ESP8266 chipset, I presume I should try disabling roaming assistant only on 2.4.

Disabling roaming assistant makes no difference. I still can see the device being kicked off the network.
Deauth_ind 84:F3:EB:83:9F:B3, status: 0, reason: Disassociated due to inactivity (4)
Disassoc 84:F3:EB:83:9F:B3, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)

I searched all logs of my AX88U, the node in my AiMesh. There isn't a single log about 84:F3:EB:83:9F:B3. It looks highly unlikely the above messages are because of a roaming attempt.

I was confirming that I see in my log what you said you see in your log.

RSSI: 0 dBm SNR: 0 dB noise: -80 dBm Channel: 11
RSSI: 0 dBm SNR: 0 dB noise: -86 dBm Channel: 153/80
My bad. I didn't see that RSSI is listed as 0 in my line too. ;)

RSSI is listed per device and that is the correct info and not sure whether the top/aggregate line has any bearing on the signal strength.

My bad. I didn't see that RSSI is listed as 0 in my line too. ;)

RSSI is listed per device and that is the correct info and not sure whether the top/aggregate line has any bearing on the signal strength.

Your OP raises an interesting point... why display 0 values. Perhaps when the router is operating standalone, there are actual values for its two bands. Perhaps they zero these out for AiMesh 1.0... to be handled differently with later firmware... later than this beta(?).

OE

Has anyone installed the beta on the AX92U? I tried three times but after the router reboots it's still on the previous firmware. It might also be worth mentioning that the browser doesn't refresh itself after the reboot, I have to manually refresh the page.

Using Merlin 384.19 or stock 384.9354 no aimesh mine shows 0 for RSSI and 0 for SNR. Possible bug who knows.

Has anyone installed the beta on the AX92U? I tried three times but after the router reboots it's still on the previous firmware. It might also be worth mentioning that the browser doesn't refresh itself after the reboot, I have to manually refresh the page.

I am, installed no problem for me first try.

Using Merlin 384.19 or stock 384.9354 no aimesh mine shows 0 for RSSI and 0 for SNR. Possible bug who knows.

Those values are only relevant when your device is configured as a repeater, as it then becomes a "wifi client" rather than an AP. An AP has no SNR and no RSSI value because each client will have different values.

Those values are only relevant when your device is configured as a repeater, as it then becomes a "wifi client" rather than an AP. An AP has no SNR and no RSSI value because each client will have different values.

Thanks Merlin i did not know that. :)

Yes, I have been for a few days.
It was stable for a couple of days, but I am having issues with clients disconnecting on the 5 Ghz-1 radio and requiring restart to work again.
Also since AiMesh over WiFi is broken, I am going back to the released version once I can detach from work for the evening.

Have been running this beta for about a day now.

Observation: While I have set the 5GHz Control Channel to "Auto" I did not turn on the use of DFS Channels, However, I noticed that the current Control Channel is 100 (a DFS Channel):(

Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 07.16.54.png

I am having issues with 5 Ghz radio as well as clients can either see them or keep disconnecting.

If I flash the stable or Merlin's 384.18, would restoring the config (which I created prior to flashing the beta) wipe out the existing config and load whatever is saved on the loaded config? In essence, loading a saved config = factory reset + load the saved config. Is this how it works?

Worst case, I can set it up again but wondering how loading the saved config works - I don't want any leftovers from the beta.

this feature dont seem to work, transmit rate stuck at 0 .Fronthaul Info
View attachment 24738
Hi,
I observed the same issue, with zero transmit/receive rates on both my AiMesh Nodes. However, the transmit/receive rates are correct on my AiMesh router.

Is it a consensus that this RC is not ready for non AX routers?

Hi,

I also noticed that after running about 10 hours since this morning when I introduced Guest WiFi on my 5GHz Band, when I got back home in the evening, I observed that my 5GHz Band is reduced to from 80MHz to 20MHz Bandwidth. I have since remove Guest WiFi for my 5GHz Band, and observed that it "auto" select the expected 80MHz Bandwidth, hoping it will continue and stay that way (I turned of 160MHz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!