What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ginny + @det721 - thank you and yes I know, but as everyone else has seen there are several smaller issues and bigger issues with this beta (which is fine for a beta!) and if the issues with rt-ac88u codeline seems to be bigger and take more time before I can test rc5 and provide feedback, I would reset my wifi at home and go back to merlins latest official release.

Having the features of AiMesh2 is nice and try the beta of course too, but overall stability for example of 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz radio - lets call it the basic stuff - is even more important. You can imagine how much pressure you can get from two kids not having wifi (due to reboots ...), sometimes it feels like wifi is more important than having clean water to drink ;-).
Okay, I understand. I'm also still waiting for RC2-5 for my RT-AC5300. At the moment I can live with RC2-4. The nodes are already on RC2-5.

Szia ASUS!

RC2-5 no good 2x AC66U_B1 AiMesh LAN connect. The router sometimes reboot, and the node disconnect. I go back previous FW.

Balázs
Hungary

I have a ac86u as router and ac68u as node on rc2-5. I disabled the 2.4 band of the node. After a reboot the node was not able to Connect to the router anymore. I am using wireless backhaul (5 ghz)

@ASUSWRT_2020 & everyone else some updates. (1x AX92U (main) + 1 ac86u + 1 ac68u)

After direct update to RC2-5 (buggy & laggy) - see previous post- went to a solution:

a) Full clean install ASUS Stock Firmware & parametring (lots of things enabled, such as vpn, analysis)
b) Went to RC2-4 straight from Stock firmware (update of nodes then router) wait 3 min, shutdown/power on cycle of a) first router b) nodes. All went OK!
c) Waited one day then proceed to update RC2-5: stable, no reboot, speed, gui: ok!

Only one instability now: state of nodes (within GUI): goes weak/medium signal if i touch something in the GUI (AiMesh 2.0 part), then goes best/great quality 5 Ghz.

Did some fine tuning in Professional & Standard Wifi part: got 85-95% of ISP speed on wireless, ookla test gives exact ISP values (Voo - Belgium)

Just simple question/suggestion: any "updates" on openvpn sever/client version (Asus VS Asus Merlin-Wrt )? Future TINC Vpn Support?

Thx!

Hi ginny,

thanks.. this is how I am running it.. Ethernet first is selcted and all are connected.. but I was looking to free-up the third Wifi band. as soon as I change to Ethernet Backhaul mode all nodes are gone (as you have experienced)

Same for me.
I switched to Ethernet Backhole and after i restart the node , the connection goes step by step down until its looses the connection completly.

the uplink informations are wireless 5ghz shouldnt this be ethernet ? cause of the ethernet backhole?

Still try to share my guest wlan over all nodes, wihtout access to my local network.

Same for me.
I switched to Ethernet Backhole and after i restart the node , the connection goes step by step down until its looses the connection completly.

the uplink informations are wireless 5ghz shouldnt this be ethernet ? cause of the ethernet backhole?

Still try to share my guest wlan over all nodes, wihtout access to my local network.

Try the system reboot, too... might make a difference.

OE

@ginny + @det721 - thank you and yes I know, but as everyone else has seen there are several smaller issues and bigger issues with this beta (which is fine for a beta!) and if the issues with rt-ac88u codeline seems to be bigger and take more time before I can test rc5 and provide feedback, I would reset my wifi at home and go back to merlins latest official release.

Having the features of AiMesh2 is nice and try the beta of course too, but overall stability for example of 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz radio - lets call it the basic stuff - is even more important. You can imagine how much pressure you can get from two kids not having wifi (due to reboots ...), sometimes it feels like wifi is more important than having clean water to drink ;-).

Totally understand. Do what works for you. :)

on ZenWiFi XT8 (router and node):
Encountered random reboots from time to time; connection unstable!
I am back to rc2-4; faster and much more stable!

I also went back to RC2-4 after trying RC2-5. I run two XT8 and they became slow and unstable when using RC2-5. No wireless units would connect to the node under any circumstances. Connecting to the router still works, but as mentioned before, the connections are slow and unstable.

Been running RC2-5 for 8 days on AC68U as Access point and no problems. When I was running as a router found web pages a bit sluggish.

So I've figured out why my Guest wifi wasn't working.... the wl0.1 interface is being added to br2 and not br0. It doesn't matter what nvram variable I modify, every reboot it goes back.

I'm in AP mode, so I'd expect everything to be on br0. If I manually move the interface over, it works fine.

Hi There,
Update 2020/09/11 386 rc2-5 (9.0.0.4_386_40018)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Sqzva4uK7DTrp7oV93__LR6FZoDOckrN?usp=sharing

Change logs:
1. Add important patches for AiMesh backhaul and there are two FAQs for ethernet backhaul
What is Ethernet Backhaul Mode/connection priority in AiMesh system and how to set up in different scenarios?
[Wireless] How to setup ASUS AiMesh or ZenWiFi Mesh Ethernet backhaul under different conditions (Advanced setup with network switch)?

2. Clients which connect to the guest network can be viewed in the network map -->view list --> interface
Most of the routers have three sets of guest network and each set has 2.4G and 5G-1 (triband model has 5G-2)
POWERPNT_25Vf0tf9oD.png

POWERPNT_ZlJp9OLYK4.png

3. Support IPSec IKE v1 and IKE v2, and you can use Windows 10 native VPN client program to connect to the router's IPSec VPN server.
The Windows 10 new FAQ is in https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1033576

POWERPNT_vf3my7Tm5n.png

4. Fixed stack overflow, File Traversal, XSS vulnerabilities.

Support models:
GT-AX11000
GT-AC5300
GT-AC2900
RT-AX92U
RT-AX88U
RT-AC86U
RT-AC68U
RT-AC3100
ZenWiFi XT8(RT-AX95Q)

RT-AC5300 and RT-AC88U had some errors and we are going to fix it. The firmware will upload to the same link after fixed the problem
Hi ASUSWRT_2020
What happened with the routers RT-AC5300 and RT-AC88U? After 10 days RC2-5 was released, there is still no update for these two models available.

Are we in a dead end are what's the plan for these routers?

Best regards Ginny

Hi ASUSWRT_2020
What happened with the routers RT-AC5300 and RT-AC88U? After 10 days RC2-5 was released, there is still no update for these two models available.

Best regards Ginny
must wait for RC2-5 solve first.. if not, you'll suffer the same thing only..

Hi ASUSWRT_2020

Best regards Ginny
RT-AC88U firmware for the latest release of this beta Aimesh firmware is in the google drive. Running it now....

RT-AC88U firmware for the latest release of this beta Aimesh firmware is in the google drive. Running it now....

I'm not seeing the file for the RT-AC88U, only the AX model

I'm blinking hard but still can't see it:
1600724736169.png

OE

If it was there, it isn't there now. Maybe they're equating the RT-AC3100 to the RT-AC88U?

The list of beta builds doesn't cover some routers that support AiMesh (eg RT-AC1900). Does anyone know what Asus's long term intention is here? Will these routers eventually get FW that supports 2.0?

I think they would want to beta test as many different hardware versions as possible to cover all their supported models. Once the beta testing is done, I would expect to see 386.xx firmware for all within a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!