What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cattura.JPG
with firmware 384.13_10 installed i dont have the ai icon

thanks. i have the rtac87u and dont want to change router. i like to buy a couple of
Asus Lyra AC2200
and i ask why in the root of asus merlin firmware i dont see the aimesh icon...

Your router does not support AiMesh. That is why it is not listed on those links I posted. Your router spec does not mention AiMesh... it does not support AiMesh. No AiMesh, no AiMesh icon.

I would avoid the Lyra... too niche a product.

OE

Your router does not support AiMesh. That is why it is not listed on those links I posted. Your router spec does not mention AiMesh... it does not support AiMesh. No AiMesh, no AiMesh icon.

I would avoid the Lyra... too niche a product.

OE

i know was not supported before.. but merlin firmware with latest release supports... if i understand...

i know was not supported before.. but merlin firmware with latest release supports... if i understand...

AiMesh is the same closed-source ASUS code in Asuswrt and in Asuswrt-Merlin. Your router does not support AiMesh no matter what firmware you install on it.

OE

sooooooo sad.. thanks for support... absurd that a router not entry level does not support... but i read it s about architecture... is it possible to insert in my lan the asus lyra and exclude the rtac merlin? if possible conservate the ip routing from asus merlin. thanks

sooooooo sad.. thanks for support... absurd that a router not entry level does not support... but i read it s about architecture... is it possible to insert in my lan the asus lyra and exclude the rtac merlin? if possible conservate the ip routing from asus merlin. thanks

Yes, AiMesh can be used in router mode or AP mode. If AP mode, then the AiMesh root node must be wired to a non-AiMesh router.

OE

Last edited:
is it better at this point an aimesh couple or 2 access point (less cost....)

That's a discussion for another thread. This thread is a beta test thread.

OE

For me, Connect ethernet to the router no problems at all, connect ethernet to a switch the node drops.

That sounds to me like an MTU issue.
Your switch is a managed one? Can you increase MTU? Increments of 4 and at one moment it will start working.
Or can you find max MTU your switch supports?
Asus should be able to answer to your problem.
A tcpdump/wireshark packet capture would also answer, but it's not that easy to get one.

I am seeing a lot of the below screen shot in the log. The MAC is a wired PC.
mesh_error.jpg

I am seeing a lot of the below screen shot in the log. The MAC is a wired PC.View attachment 26729
I noticed that to. Specifically for one on my smart TVs. I had to reboot the TV to acquire an IP address, has been fine ever since. and one of my Ecobee thermostats. could connect. I finally got it to acquire an IP address. But with the Ecobee it happened twice, once when I updated the firmware and then again when I rebooted one of the Mesh nodes.

I have a RT-AC86U as the main node and a RT-AC66U_B1 node. Outside of that this release has been stable

@ASUSWRT_2020 I have the same issue as before with RC2-6, I am still seeing packet loss on the main WLAN when connected via the AiMesh node (AC68U) using wireless backhaul to the main router (AX88U). It happens on clients connected wirelessly to the node and wired. I have a separate guest network setup on both 2G/5G with intranet isolation enabled which is being pushed out to the mesh node. Clients connected to the guest network on the mesh node do not see packet loss. All WLANs have separate SSIDs. These are the errors I see in the log:

Oct 7 21:14:47 kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR vlan] vlanIoctl ,652: Failed to delete VLAN device wds0.0.1.501^[[0m
Oct 7 21:14:47 kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR vlan] vlanIoctl ,652: Failed to delete VLAN device wds0.0.1.0^[[0m
Oct 7 21:14:47 kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR vlan] vlanIoctl ,652: Failed to delete VLAN device wds0.0.1.502^[[0m
Oct 7 21:14:47 kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR vlan] vlanIoctl ,652: Failed to delete VLAN device wds0.0.1.0^[[0m

I'm going to try a complete rebuild again, if the problem persists I'll send feedback.

@ASUSWRT_2020 I have the same issue as before with RC2-6, I am still seeing packet loss on the main WLAN when connected via the AiMesh node (AC68U) using wireless backhaul to the main router (AX88U). It happens on clients connected wirelessly to the node and wired. I have a separate guest network setup on both 2G/5G with intranet isolation enabled which is being pushed out to the mesh node. Clients connected to the guest network on the mesh node do not see packet loss. All WLANs have separate SSIDs. These are the errors I see in the log:

Oct 7 21:14:47 kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR vlan] vlanIoctl ,652: Failed to delete VLAN device wds0.0.1.501^[[0m
Oct 7 21:14:47 kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR vlan] vlanIoctl ,652: Failed to delete VLAN device wds0.0.1.502^[[0m

I'm going to try a complete rebuild again, if the problem persists I'll send feedback.
@KrispiL After sending the feedback, please also tell me your email in a private message. I will check the database.

When wil RC2-7 be released

When it's ready. This is beta testing, new releases aren't scheduled, they happen when debugging has actually been successful. One cannot predict how long it will take to fix a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!