What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, so wired backhaul is now working with RT-AC66U, that's great to hear. Thanks for that, this is the encouragement I need to face another clean install, after the many many flashings during my ATEMODE issue.

I thought you fixed your AC66_B1 backhaul issue by setting ATEMODE per the linked advice... and that the fix is persistent?

OE

I thought you fixed your AC66_B1 backhaul issue by setting ATEMODE per the linked advice... and that the fix is persistent?

OE

No, the ATEMODE tweak on the RT-AC66U B1 only enabled it to connect as a node with wireless backhaul - it wouldn't connect as a node at all before that fix.

After I got that working, I tried to enable wired backhaul and was greeted with the following message:

"* The following node(s) do not fully support this feature temporarily. RT-AC66U B1 (Home) Your configurations might not work as expected. Please regularly check your firmware version of the node(s) are up-to-date. "

I have been hoping for further news in this thread and the release notes of later RCs ever since (hence my excitement at your previous comment!) I haven't commenced the RC2-8 update yet... sounds like I should stand down for now. If I am lucky @ASUSWRT_2020 is listening in!

No, the ATEMODE tweak on the RT-AC66U B1 only enabled it to connect as a node with wireless backhaul - it wouldn't connect as a node at all before that fix.

After I got that working, I tried to enable wired backhaul and was greeted with the following message:

"* The following node(s) do not fully support this feature temporarily. RT-AC66U B1 (Home) Your configurations might not work as expected. Please regularly check your firmware version of the node(s) are up-to-date. "

I have been hoping for further news in this thread and the release notes of later RCs ever since (hence my excitement at your previous comment!) I haven't commenced the RC2-8 update yet... sounds like I should stand down for now. If I am lucky @ASUSWRT_2020 is listening in!

Sorry, I missed the bit about wired backhauls not working yet on the AC66U_B1.

OE

I have two RT-AC66U B1, one as the router and the other as a node connected thru wired backhaul with no issues since the beginning

I have two RT-AC66U B1, one as the router and the other as a node connected thru wired backhaul with no issues since the beginning

Just had a thought: maybe it is the hardware revision of my RT-AC66U B1 coming into play again (this was behind the need to do the ATEMODE fix mentioned above). I don't suppose you might be able to tell me what yours are please? Mine is RT-AC66U B1, HW Ver.: B1, Production Year: 2017.

I know nothing about that - would the router know even about that though?
Nope, it's transparent to the router. It's basically Ethernet over Coax, pretty similar to Powerline, but thru coax cable instead of electrical cable.

1605827515696.png

It seems somebody over on this thread is having some luck:

Many thanks again OE, I followed the links via this thread to run the two SSH commands setting ATEMode to 0 (confirmed using a show command that mine was indeed set to 1), did a factory reset and its now being picked up as an AiMesh node via both wireless and ethernet backhaul running the AiMesh 2 firmware (3.0.0.4.386_40451 on the AC86 and 3.0.0.4.386_40558 on the AC66 B1)! Result :)

... albeit on an AC86, not a GT-AC2900.

Maybe it's time for that clean upgrade after all....

Will report back when I have had a chance to do it, hopefully this weekend. Thanks all.

Just had a thought: maybe it is the hardware revision of my RT-AC66U B1 coming into play again (this was behind the need to do the ATEMODE fix mentioned above). I don't suppose you might be able to tell me what yours are please? Mine is RT-AC66U B1, HW Ver.: B1, Production Year: 2017.
Router: RT-AC66U B1, HW Ver: B2, Production Year: 2020, Made in Vietnam
Node: RT-AC66U B1, HW Ver: B2, Production Year: 2020, Made in Vietnam

Router: RT-AC66U B1, HW Ver: B2, Production Year: 2020, Made in Vietnam
Node: RT-AC66U B1, HW Ver: B2, Production Year: 2020, Made in Vietnam

Ah, that'll be it then: my message specifies the B1 B1. Which I have. Darnit.

Thanks for posting that, it is much appreciated, you have saved me from a likely fruitless clean update to RC2-8 (and, more to the point, the whole reconfigurisationing after the update). Back to watching and waiting for future release notes.

No it doesn't, I'm talking sh!te, it only says " RT-AC66U B1 ". Time for bed I think!

Thanks for posting those model numbers. It could well be it. But will try update after all!!!

Nighty night.

An issue as arisen in the last few days that wasn't there before: if laptop is connected to node, then streaming video halts for a few seconds, then runs normally for a few seconds, then halts for a few etc etc etc.

The issue is only on my main wireless network which is set up as Dual-Band Smart Connect (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz). All is well on my 2.4 GHz only guest network.

I am running a GT-AC2900 as main router (on RC2-7) and an RT-AC66U B1 as node (on RC2-7 for RT-AC68U). I see that RC2-8 is now available for the GT-AC2900 and that release 3.0.0.4.386.40558 is available for RT-AC68U, but from my understanding it is best to keep both routers on the same which is the reason I haven't upgraded. One last thing to mention: I am running wireless backhaul as wired backhaul isn't avaible for RT-AC66U B1 on RC2-7 (and as far as see there is nothing in the release notes for 3.0.0.4.386.40558 to suggest that this has been addressed).

I would be grateful for any thoughts before I do embark on the firmware update fun and games again.

Thank you.

The laptop has a faulty wireless module, causing dirty network traffic.

As the beta rc2-8 is working pretty stable on my end with wireless backhaul. I would like to ask for some experience in this round. Usually there is also a recommendation to turn off on AC, N WIFI with the router RT-AC88U the wireless option 802.11ac Multi-User MIMO = OFF , universal beamforming = OFF. When I check and test wifi reliability the best settings for me are currently the following ones - see below. How about yours ?

2.4Ghz Wifi Settings

24wifi.png

5Ghz Wifi Settings

5wifi.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!