What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Could I upgrade my RT-AX86U with the beta while keeping my RT-AC68U (AiMesh Node) on Stock firmware (3.0.0.4.386_40558-gc48f410)? OR...should I upgrade Both to this Beta manually

not work at all, i have disabled Adaptive QoS

I am having the same problem. Getting very low values for a house that uses about 30 to 40 GB everyday. My value right now for total usage is 1.02 GB?! I wish this would get fixed, its the main reason I like Asus routers.

All,

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Could I upgrade my RT-AX86U with the beta while keeping my RT-AC68U (AiMesh Node) on Stock firmware (3.0.0.4.386_40558-gc48f410)? OR...should I upgrade Both to this Beta manually

Conventional wisdom suggests that you upload RC2-9 to the remote node and remove it to automatically reset it. Then upload RC2-9 to the router/root node and Restore w/Initialize it from the router webUI to reset it. Then configure the router from scratch and add the node.

OE

@ASUSWRT_2020
Just to report on my XT8s in individual AP mode, when WPA3 is enabled on 5G-2 (backhaul channel unhidden for client connections), my Samsung S20 devices will randomly fail to connect to the AP with an error of "Invalid Password". A reboot of the AP will bring the 5G-2 back up for client connections. Other channels without WPA3 enabled(neither WPA3 or WPA3/WPA2) has no such problem.
Im seeing this too on RT-AX58U Router and node.. 2.4 is fine.. 5Ghz.. trying to connect to the node results in, invalid password.. Set for WPA2-Personal

Hello @ASUSWRT_2020,

I don't have a bug or issue to report, it's more a simple feature request.

It would be great to see in the GUI vpn overview the uptime of VPN clients connected to a vpn server.

That is something that is missing... Just to see how stable the vpn connection is. Going through the logs is a unpleasant job (that's the only way to figure out when there was a disconnect).

Last edited:
Hi,

I have a aimesh config with an Ac88u and an ac68u.
I updated to the Update 2020/12/01(9.0.0.4.386.41157) since then wifi is working verry badly. Many times wifi falls down and some devices cannot connect anymore and the UI is lagging. Mostly only the a hard reset is needed to get in control again.

Update 2020/11/12 (9.0.0.4.386.40947) looks far more stable with no issues as far as I can imagine. Sadly downgrading is not posible.

Is there anyting I can do to help development?
What log are interesting to share safely?

Last edited:
Im seeing this too on RT-AX58U Router and node.. 2.4 is fine.. 5Ghz.. trying to connect to the node results in, invalid password.. Set for WPA2-Personal
So a quick look at the system log..
tus: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)
Dec 12 08:10:30 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(474): eth6: Deauth_ind A8:5E:45:E9:99:24, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)
Dec 12 08:10:30 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(474): eth6: Deauth_ind A8:5E:45:E9:99:24, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)
Dec 12 08:10:31 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(474): eth6: Deauth_ind A8:5E:45:E9:99:24, status: 0, reason: Class 2 frame received from nonauthenticated station (6)
Dec 12 08:10:36 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(510): eth6: Auth A8:5E:45:E9:99:24, status: Successful (0)
Dec 12 08:10:36 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(539): eth6: Assoc A8:5E:45:E9:99:24, status: Successful (0)
Dec 12 08:10:40 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(474): eth6: Deauth_ind A8:5E:45:E9:99:24, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)
Dec 12 08:10:40 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(474): eth6: Deauth_ind A8:5E:45:E9:99:24, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)
Dec 12 08:10:40 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(474): eth6: Deauth_ind A8:5E:45:E9:99:24, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)
Dec 12 08:10:41 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(474): eth6: Deauth_ind A8:5E:45:E9:99:24, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)
Dec 12 08:10:41 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(474): eth6: Deauth_ind A8:5E:45:E9:99:24, status: 0, reason: Class 2 frame received from nonauthenticated station (6)
Dec 12 08:10:41 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(474): eth6: Deauth_ind A8:5E:45:E9:99:24, status: 0, reason: Class 2 frame received from nonauthenticated station (6)

the mac address is the mac address of the 5Ghz radio on the node.
@ASUSWRT_2020

This is consistant , and repeats every few seconds..

Does anyone have ipv6 working with 9.0.0.4 RC2-9? I'm getting the following lines...
ipv6-test.com says ipv6 not configured??? I have used ipv6 for 8 years no problems till I'm using this software.
It's working on mine (GT-AC5300). Curiously enough though IPV6 was switched off (was enabled before upgrading without a factory reset) but once turned on it appears to be working. I don't know about RC2-8 and prior, as this is the first version I could test without my router freezing up.

Hi,

I am not running a Beta firmware but am running the official released "386" firmware for my hardware (RT-AX88U and RT-AC67Us), and this seems like the best place to report a problem I have found and bring it to @ASUSWRT_2020 's attention.

I have an RT-AX88U as my main router, and two RT-AC67Us as AIMesh nodes. The nodes are connected with wired/ethernet backhaul, in series so that "Node 1" connects to the RT-AX88U, and "Node 2" connects to "Node 1".

I have encountered an issue after updating to the released "386" firmware. When the nodes are connected as shown in "SeriesConnect.png", the second node (Garage) connection is very unreliable. Wireless clients connected to this node lose internet connection, and attempting to Ping the node shows many timeouts - see "PingSeries.png". Curiously though, wired clients connect to this node seem to be unaffected.

If I connect both nodes directly to the RT-AX88U though as shown in "DirectConnect.png", everything works fine. See "PingDirect.png". Unfortunately it is not feasible for me to do this with the routers in their actual physical location - I had to temporarily move the second router to test this. So, I really need this fixed.

I have tried factory resetting the nodes and also tried enabling the "Ethernet Backhaul Mode" but neither of these helped.

I did not have this problem with the previous "384" firmware.

Is this something that might be fixed in one of the later 'beta' firmwares? The released firmware versions are:

RT-AX88U : 3.0.0.4.386_41249-g66dde88
RT-AC67U : 3.0.0.4.386_40558-gc48f410

Attachments

• DirectConnect.png
    DirectConnect.png
    42 KB · Views: 159
  • PingDirect.png
    PingDirect.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 153
  • PingSeries.png
    PingSeries.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 149
  • SeriesConnect.png
    SeriesConnect.png
    36 KB · Views: 144
Maybe you guys can help me debug a issue.Using Aimesh. Merlin 386beta 1 on rt-86u (main), Merlin Beta1 on a 86u node (wired backhaul), 2 68u nodes switched to stock beta 386 this morning (wifi backhaul). About once a day the internet comes to
a crawl. Speedtest in router shows good speeds. Nothing in logs. Rebooting the main router which I reconnect to does nothing. Rebooting
the whole aimesh system instantly puts everything back to full speed. Sometimes it seems like it could be dns causing the issue, but hard
to tell.
Only thing on the main is flexqos. And I installed unbound yesterday just to see if it helped any with dns (did not).
This seems like a Aimesh issue, so more then likely not merlin specific. I may try Stock on main when I have time.
I have had a node to far away before which causes issues with the whole system when it connected/reconnected. But that shouldnt be the case now. And signal quality shows great.

I flashed this firmware on my AX86U hoping I could enable the network printer server on my second AiMesh 2.0 node. Turns out its not an option as I'm only seeing Servers Center, TIme Machine, and Download Master when going into the nodes USB app under management.

Does anyone know of a way to enable the print server on a router that is on an AiMesh 2.0 node? I had a label printer that was working fine with my 68U as a node...
You had any luck with this? Ive been trying to do it via command line with not much luck

That's normal, the CPU in your iPad is much faster.
Hate to challenge someone who has forgotten more than I will ever know about these routers but here goes:

Not on my GT-AX11000.

Directly on the router I get exactly what my provider advertise.

I would be delighted if I could get even 80% of that via any WiFi connections.

The only time the router based speed test has been lower than advertised speed it was straight after a dirty upgrade. A reset took it back to full speed.

**Ducks**

Maybe you guys can help me debug a issue.Using Aimesh. Merlin 386beta 1 on rt-86u (main), Merlin Beta1 on a 86u node (wired backhaul), 2 68u nodes switched to stock beta 386 this morning (wifi backhaul). About once a day the internet comes to
a crawl. Speedtest in router shows good speeds. Nothing in logs. Rebooting the main router which I reconnect to does nothing. Rebooting
the whole aimesh system instantly puts everything back to full speed. Sometimes it seems like it could be dns causing the issue, but hard
to tell.
Only thing on the main is flexqos. And I installed unbound yesterday just to see if it helped any with dns (did not).
This seems like a Aimesh issue, so more then likely not merlin specific. I may try Stock on main when I have time.
I have had a node to far away before which causes issues with the whole system when it connected/reconnected. But that shouldnt be the case now. And signal quality shows great.

I would clean install released Asuswrt on the 2xRT-AC86U wired AiMesh and see how that performs over several days... the longer the better. If that remains solid for your multi-day test period, then do similar to add one AC68U node. And again for the last AC68U node. And hope to narrow in on the issue.

OE

I would clean install released Asuswrt on the 2xRT-AC86U wired AiMesh and see how that performs over several days... the longer the better. If that remains solid for your multi-day test period, then do similar to add one AC68U node. And again for the last AC68U node. And hope to narrow in on the issue.

OE
Hmm...one more user with AiMesh stability issues when using RT-AC68(U/P) units as wireless nodes. It's looking like a pattern to me, and validates my concerns.

Directly on the router I get exactly what my provider advertise.

It depends visibly on the speed of your connection. The router-based speedtest will be able to handle maybe up to 600-700 Mbps at most (I don't have accurate numbers, my own connection is "only" 400 Mbps so my router's CPU can handle it when running the speedtest).

Conventional wisdom suggests that you upload RC2-9 to the remote node and remove it to automatically reset it. Then upload RC2-9 to the router/root node and Restore w/Initialize it from the router webUI to reset it. Then configure the router from scratch and add the node.

OE
I have done more thriller stuff like connecting to main router via ssh and passed nvram erase command. Then quickly hop in router GUI and performed firmware update by uploading firmware. When it auto-reboots, it’s in factory default state.

I have done more thriller stuff like connecting to main router via ssh and passed nvram erase command. Then quickly hop in router GUI and performed firmware update by uploading firmware. When it auto-reboots, it’s in factory default state.

Seems less conventional, less certain, and no less troublesome. :)

OE

With all the respect to all contributors to this beta, if I would be a vendor I would say my product is ready for market!
Just use an open mind and look and the posts in that past 2 weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!