What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.354.27 Beta 1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

defiantly because of ipv6
if I reenable it hw accell get disabled due to incompatible feature

well I never had any issues. I know people who can't stand and talk at the same time so there are no guarrantees. but it almost soundds like you got a bad download that is why I said to download it again. all you can do is try and if it is not for you so be it.

Still no go for me. Tried redowloading like 4 or 5 times, but still...seems like its exactly an issue with merlin's rom.
Dont know what to do, official fw works great, but merlins version - no response after flashing.

Installed this firmware on my RT-N66u and it works. I didn't yet check the wireless performance, but I noticed that mounting my ext3 formatted 4ksectors 1 TB USB drive looks a bit harder than before: The router did not mount it when I switched off the router then plugged in my drive and then switched it back on.
To have it mounted I had to plug the disk while the router did 5 or six retries prior to mounting it. Now even if I power cycle the router the disk stays mounted.
Note that I always unmount my disk before switching off the router.

Last edited:
sorry not an issue with merlins rom. do not know what to tell you as it really is that simple.
flash asus rom via the rom administration upgrade firmware or thru recovery utility.
power off router aND PLUG BACK IN
go to administration page upgrade rom and select file to flash hit upload
when done and succesful unplug router plug back in
done
if not working go back to previous version that worked and stay there till a new release and try again . same result go back to previous working firmware.
do not fill forum with it does not work this rom is bad etc. you are special and your router does not like new roms.
oh well

Still no go for me. Tried redowloading like 4 or 5 times, but still...seems like its exactly an issue with merlin's rom.
Dont know what to do, official fw works great, but merlins version - no response after flashing.

Just loaded on N66U. Working great so far. Loaded up without issue. Thanks RMerlin!

I liked more the way Asus implemented information on Client Status Mac Address in the official 354.

But for now 354.s7b1 is working very well.

I also make the MAC searchable like in Asus's 354. The only difference is I will also resolve DHCP hostnames, not just Netbios names.

Tell me, what im doing wrong?
Ive put router into recovery, flashed 354 version using Asus Firmware Restoration Utility, after that i have just 2 leds (Power on + LAN1), No WiFi Led...try reflashing many times, no go for me=(

Erase your settings by turning it off, pressing the WPS button, and turning it back on while the WPS button is pressed. Wait 5 seconds, then release the WPS button. Router should be back to 192.168.1.1 (if you had changed it before).

When you manually assign more than one IP address to your equipments, the table structure become wrong.

This is not a Merlin build related bug, it is present in the original ASUS build too.

I have 5 different entries without any issue here. Try clearing your browser cache, or a different browser to see what happens.

Installed Beta 1, it is running very well. Did a restore to defaults prior to flashing and the 2.4 and 5 channel strength is great.

Only thing I see is I am unable to set the time. I am using it in AP mode and date/time is stuck on Jan 1. It normally will set if I click apply on the system page but no luck. BTW: it did work on build 26b

Steve

Try running this command over telnet/ssh or the Run Cmd page:

Code:
ntpclient -s -h time.nrc.ca

If it works, try creating a services-start script with this:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
sleep 30
ntpclient -s -h time.nrc.ca

That should set it automatically at boot time. There is a 30 seconds delay just to ensure the router has time to get a working connection upstream first - you might be able to reduce that value if it's an issue for you.

If I apply this firmware update as follows, will it be the same as resetting to factory defaults without having to manually re-enter my settings?

RT-N66U
1. Boot router
2. Update firmware
3. Check that settings were maintained
4. Save settings/config via Administration->Restore/Save/Upload
5. Reset to factory
6. Boot router
7. Restore settings saved in step 4

Or, do I have no choice but to manually re-enter everything? Fine if so, but I have a lot of ports forwarded and a few reserved ip's.

That must be my issue with HW acceleration being disabled then, I have native IPv6 with DHCP-PD enabled. Didn't use to be that way (like the previous version).

Feel just a little put out that using a feature that's supposed to be the feature of the internet turns off another feature that will be useful when I have a faster internet connection (also hopefully the future of the internet *smile*).

I wonder if this is really necessary, or if it's a mistake by Asus? What's new that's requiring this if it isn't a mistake?

Hi, RMerlin!
On your 27 beta I have same issue with link rate as on official beta .354...
Maximum link rate on 5Ghz is 108 mbps only and real upload speed is ~50 mbps.
But with the same settings on router and client on previous FW i got 300 mbps link rate and real upload speed ~75-80 mbps.
With the same settings on 2,4GHz band a get 300 mbps link rate on both FW (26b and 27 beta).

P.S. I`m alone on 5Ghz band with no neighbour wi-fi AP, except my N66 router :)
I cleared nvram, router was reseted to factory dafaults, channel was set manually to 36, 40, 44, 50 with no link rate and upload speed changes.
Settings wasn`t changed on client between upgrading FW on router.
Client is Broadcom 43224AGN 802.11a/b/g/n 2x2 Wi-Fi adapter. Driver version on client is 5.100.82.143

its on 27 beta
and its on 26b

Last edited:
Could the HW NAT acceleration be disabled because ipv6 doesn't technically need it? (ipv6 will make NAT obsolete as each device will have its own external ip etc)

Note: I am not an expert on ipv6, that is just my understanding of it

working really well , no problems yet . Thanks

System Log - DHCP leases empty

Hi,

In my case things work well, but System Log / DHCP leases is empty.

Anyone else have the same phenomenon?

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!